The Student Room Group

How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by 123moon
Each paper is out of 75

I think the second paper is out of 84 because we have spag marks for human paper
It was Mount Saint Helens but yeah i looked at that question first and thought what!!
You are given the highest mark for your top three questions (as long as you've got one from section a and one from b)
I did the Restless Earth, Water on the Land & the Coastal Zone and found all of the questions extremely easy and a lot easier than any past papers we have looked at
Original post by j.bolding2
The restless earth
Q1 was easy on the fact file(3marks)
Q2 Formation of a fold mounting was easy (4marks)
Q3 how do people adapt to the alps was hard (3marks)
Q4 macali scale was easy (2 marks)
Q5 Shaking of the area was ok? (1mark maybe 2)
Q6 effects of earth quakes(3 marks)

Total marks=25 i think i got 16

Water on the land
Formation of a meander(4marks)
Draw the meander (3 marks)
case study on poor and rich and why different effects(5 marks)
rivers flooding image with distrabutions(2marks)
How the valley changes down stream(3 marks)
another one i can not remember worth 3 marks

Total marks= 25 i think i got 17

Coastal zone-

Rising sea level image graph(2 marks)
rising sea levels (4 marks)
formation of bays and headland(4 marks)
draw the coast line(2 marks)
how does a constructive wave create the coast line(3 marks)
describe the wave (2 marks)

Total marks=25 i think i got 17

Total 75 think i got im going to take 5 away to be safe? So maybe 45 marks being harsh so maybe an A? hope all went well

The question was on ox-box lakes not meanders
Original post by tomo_nufc
The question was on ox-box lakes not meanders

thats what i meant lol
thats what i meant lol

Good, I was worrying for a bit there haha
Original post by tomo_nufc
Good, I was worrying for a bit there haha

Today i think i did well in all the 1 2 3 4 markers but the 8 markers f****ed me up! I didnt have a clue for the first one on alps and the flooding one as it was worded weird and had to say why the effects where different not compair then as much
how did you do
Original post by worksmartnothard
Awh crap... I found it quite hard and I was aiming for a* :frown:

Aw, poor girl. Don't worry, you got 2 weeks to revise until the Human GEO exam. :smile: x
The grade boundaries never change more than one or two marks so probs about 49/50 for an A*
Anyone who does living world can you help me. The case study where you had to compare to deserts I put the facts of each one for the other one. I did the economic opportunities of the poor desert for the rich desert and the same for the rich I did for the poor. What is the highest marks out of 8 do you think I can get. Also the water on the land case study I did loads of effects for Carlisle (rich) and a few for Bangladesh (but most where made up) and only said the effects where less in the rich flooding due to them being able to access aid by helicopters. How many marks could that be ??
Original post by RKtothesky
Aw, poor girl. Don't worry, you got 2 weeks to revise until the Human GEO exam. :smile: x

Thanks:colondollar:... hoping I can just smash that exam haha... hoping my CA will help me out as well...
Original post by 123moon
For anyone who did higher Water on the Land what did you guys do for the meanders question where you had to re draw it i failed that so bad. I thought that question was so pointless…. :frown:

I drew a cross section one and labelled it, then drew a birds eye view one and labelled that
Does anybody know how they work out the coursework and the human and physical papers marks? So if you got an A in your coursework what would you be looking to get in the two papers to get an A?
Thanks:colondollar:... hoping I can just smash that exam haha... hoping my CA will help me out as well...

Spoiler

Original post by RKtothesky

Spoiler

Aww thanks, I do too :tongue: x
Most of the people at our school(including me) just labeled headlands, bays and coves
Original post by Azarhuntttt
Anyone who does living world can you help me. The case study where you had to compare to deserts I put the facts of each one for the other one. I did the economic opportunities of the poor desert for the rich desert and the same for the rich I did for the poor. What is the highest marks out of 8 do you think I can get. Also the water on the land case study I did loads of effects for Carlisle (rich) and a few for Bangladesh (but most where made up) and only said the effects where less in the rich flooding due to them being able to access aid by helicopters. How many marks could that be ??

it was not asking for effects it was asking for reasons why the effects was different for example medc has more money and better health care and ledc have bad house structures
it was not asking for effects it was asking for reasons why the effects was different for example medc has more money and better health care and ledc have bad house structures

I know that is why I'm asking would I get any marks for labelling some effects and only that reason ??
Aww thanks, I do too :tongue: x

It's OK! And, If you want, I can send you some of my Human GEO notes e.g. Population Change, Development Gap if you want me to, to help you out, with the A*.
xx :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending