The Student Room Group

Mature Student A Level retake question.

I am a mature student looking to retake my Physics A Level next June. I understand that there is a new specification and that AS Levels are now a standalone qualification. Does this mean I will only be doing the A2 exam and thus should only learn the A2 part of the new spec? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Physstudent1
I am a mature student looking to retake my Physics A Level next June. I understand that there is a new specification and that AS Levels are now a standalone qualification. Does this mean I will only be doing the A2 exam and thus should only learn the A2 part of the new spec? Thanks in advance.

You can resit AS and A2 exams from the old specification next summer. It is the last opportunity to do so. You can keep your practical results and just take specific units you want to improve. You may have to hunt around for a centre that is offering them.

If you choose to take the new specification you will have to study all of the two years of content as it will all be tested in the exams. You would also need to complete the assessment of your practical skills, although this doesn't contribute to your grade it is an important part of fully completing the A level.

Quick Reply

Latest