The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

nope. It's unnatural.
Nope

topkek ofc
(edited 7 years ago)
I agree with gay marriage because love is a powerful thing and it's only right that everyone should have the right to express their love whether they are in a same sex relationship or a heterosexual one. Marriage allows same sex couples to have the same legal rights as heterosexual ones.
Original post by Anonymous
You can't just say 'no' without justifying your answer. I'm straight, but I'm just saying. No argument has ever been won with a single word. Sheesh

That's cause I'm not trying to freaking argue. I don't give a crap. An opinion was asked for and a response was given what more do you want?

And yes people can just say no.
Yes
I don't support gay marriage, or gay adoption.

I believe the only sexual union should be between a married man and a married woman.

Sex outside of marriage, incest, homosexuality, adultery and any other straight or gay variant isn't right.
Original post by ATW1
I'm not religious but I think it's wrong. Why change a system that has operated successfully for hundreds of years just because of a small minority?

So, you'd say the same about black people, women, "witches" (in certain areas) and whatnot.

Your view is clearly based on your lack of education. Clearly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely.
Marriage is a human right not a heterosexual privilege.
People should be able to do whatever they want!

I'm 100% for gay marriage.
Not really. If "support" means having and wearing rainbow materials or having a rainbow plastered on my facebook profile or face, then no. This was very common when it was get legalized in the USA.

I never really cared for gay marriage. If it never gotten legalized, it wouldn't bother me. Gay marriage was not something I cared to get legalized or put "support" for. It does not matter to me if a same sex couple get married in my state. I'm not the type of person who does fist pumps in the air over gay marriage or tweets #lovewins. If a same sex couple gets marries I don't really consider it a milestone or "progress" for the Western society. Its good for the person who got married but its nether a positive or negative thing for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Withengar
Traditional marriage?

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons...."

There's no such thing as "traditional marriage". Definitions of marriage have been changing since humans started to have more complex cultures and customs.

To Hell with you and the so-called "traditional marriage". LGBTQ people should be able to marry and are able to marry, and that's how it'll stay. Period.

GOAT.
Original post by *Stefan*
So, you'd say the same about black people, women, "witches" (in certain areas) and whatnot.

Your view is clearly based on your lack of education. Clearly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't compare being black to being gay. I'm not even black and that offends me. Gays and feminists need to stop trying to steal black peoples civil movement ! Were you enslaved ? No. So cut the crap.

& for those "tolerant" people talking about love. Practice what you preach, you can't call people "pieces of ****" because they don't agree with you and then think you're a tolerant, lovely person.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by #JOSH45#
Don't compare being black to being gay. I'm not even black and that offends me. Gays and feminists need to stop trying to steal black peoples civil movement ! Were you enslaved ? No. So cut the crap..

Steal? No.

It's called Liberation Theology, and it's everywhere from Black Lives Matters to gay Muslims asserting LGBT positive interpretations within the Qur'an.

And do remember, oppression of minorities is enslavement. Restricting their human rights and trying to stop them from having a voice.
Original post by Jhansen23
Steal? No.

It's called Liberation Theology, and it's everywhere from Black Lives Matters to gay Muslims asserting LGBT positive interpretations within the Qur'an.

And do remember, oppression of minorities is enslavement. Restricting their human rights and trying to stop them from having a voice.

But Black lives matter actually in some ways makes sense , a positive interpretation of gay stuff in the Quran ... Not so much. The only people who can find a positive interpretation in something that is so explicit is someone desperate to make themselves feel better by supposing unlikely and incredibly tenuous interpretations.

No. Enslavement is enslavement. These people were fed **** and burnt alive, watched their babies be fed to alligators, how dare you suggest that this is the same as not having a "voice". Seriously ? Liberals need to read a history book every now and again. "Restricting their human rights" , blacks didn't even have any human rights to restrict.

I feel so sorry for black people, they have to live in a world that still continues to minimise the history of their suffering and compare it to LGBT 😐 ITS NOT THE SAME.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, I do.

I never used to - I didn't think it was necessary because we had civil partnerships. However, there are a lot of financial and legal benefits we would only get through marriage and therefore, we deserve them. Marriage goes beyond religion now. I do think, though, that churches or whatever, should have the right to turn down any couple seeking to be wed by them.
Original post by hoping4thebest
There is nothing fanatical about defending traditional marriage.

image.jpeg
Original post by ATW1
I'm not religious but I think it's wrong. Why change a system that has operated successfully for hundreds of years just because of a small minority?

Tradition is not really an argument. Just because it has existed one way for a certain period of time, that doesn't meant it shouldn't adjust in accordance with society.
I love it when ignorant atheists try to make a case about religion and sound so stupid in the end 😂
Reply 118
Original post by XcitingStuart
Why?

Why?

Religious reasons
Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending