The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Plast12
Below are some Essay plans I've done (still doing the 45 mark plans for unit 3 so not finished the document), not all of them are amazing because some questions are disgusting.

I also put together a document of examples, it's not all the examples you need to know but a lot of those ones are recent.

I only have Unit 3 stuff right now, I'm still working on my unit 4 ones, but seeing as unit 3 is sooner I've done a lot more.

I'll post some unit 4 stuff when I've done a bit more of it :smile:

Hi, could you screenshot them please, the word on my computer isn't working and so I can't open the documents. I'd be super grateful!
Reply 21
Race is such a poorly made unit by Edexcel, shocking really.
Original post by Lion467
Hi, could you screenshot them please, the word on my computer isn't working and so I can't open the documents. I'd be super grateful!

They're a bit long to screenshot (20+Pages). PM your email and I'll send you a pdf of them if you'd like :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Plast12
They're a bit long to screenshot (20+Pages). PM your email and I'll send you a pdf of them if you'd like :smile:

Yeah that's great thank you :smile:
Original post by Pato1
Race is such a poorly made unit by Edexcel, shocking really.

I haven't actually begun revision for it but out of curiousity, what makes you say that?
Reply 25
I'm starting revision for both papers today. *gulp*
Any advice anyone can give me? The revision notes from 'Hodder' seem a bit basic but its all I have :/
Or does anyone have any notes pleaase that could help me form my own notes?
12 days to go peeps:smile:
Thanks in advance!
Reply 26
Original post by romaiseb
I haven't actually begun revision for it but out of curiousity, what makes you say that?

Heavily outdated in textbooks and the questions are too open and overlap with other topics which I don't really like
Reply 27
Original post by Plast12
Below are some Essay plans I've done (still doing the 45 mark plans for unit 3 so not finished the document), not all of them are amazing because some questions are disgusting.

I also put together a document of examples, it's not all the examples you need to know but a lot of those ones are recent.

I only have Unit 3 stuff right now, I'm still working on my unit 4 ones, but seeing as unit 3 is sooner I've done a lot more.

I'll post some unit 4 stuff when I've done a bit more of it :smile:

These are fantastic
Reply 28
Original post by nta786
I'm starting revision for both papers today. *gulp*
Any advice anyone can give me? The revision notes from 'Hodder' seem a bit basic but its all I have :/
Or does anyone have any notes pleaase that could help me form my own notes?
12 days to go peeps:smile:
Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat as you! I'm planning questions it detail and going over examples. I think Pressure groups is coming up for the 45 markers and so my focus is on that, I know it's risky but I find it works for me and has done in my previous exam ..so fingers crossed
Reply 29
Original post by Lion467
I'm in the same boat as you! I'm planning questions it detail and going over examples. I think Pressure groups is coming up for the 45 markers and so my focus is on that, I know it's risky but I find it works for me and has done in my previous exam ..so fingers crossed

so are you just planning past paper questions? and not doing any notes from the text book?
definitely fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by nta786
so are you just planning past paper questions? and not doing any notes from the text book?
definitely fingers crossed :smile:

Yeah just planning past questions, attempting to do notes this late for me would be a waste of time as i'll remember little, plans/ mark schemes will help me know what the examiner is looking for and how to write it. But everyones different! Definetly use mark schemes though they are actually the best resource!
Reply 31
Original post by Lion467
Yeah just planning past questions, attempting to do notes this late for me would be a waste of time as i'll remember little, plans/ mark schemes will help me know what the examiner is looking for and how to write it. But everyones different! Definetly use mark schemes though they are actually the best resource!

great point, cheers, I remember my teacher saying how questions constantly recycle themselves too.
Is there any chance you could do the examples for Unit 4C, that would be amazing! Your 3C notes are beyond brilliant :smile:
Read examiners reports as well.

I've linked some of my Racial notes below if any of you need them.
Reply 33
Original post by nta786
great point, cheers, I remember my teacher saying how questions constantly recycle themselves too.
Is there any chance you could do the examples for Unit 4C, that would be amazing! Your 3C notes are beyond brilliant :smile:

The notes are! I think you mean "Plast12" he did it not me
Reply 34
Original post by Lion467
The notes are! I think you mean "Plast12" he did it not me

oh i do haha my apologies. And a massive thanks to you plast12 for the notes, and thank you for the advice :smile:
plast12 your notes are amazing, might actually save my grade :smile: thanks once again to all of you.
Original post by darkskies
Hey are you guys revising from the textbook? It's so dense and a lot of it is full of examples pre-2012

I've hardly looked at the text book, I've been using the mark schemes and specifications and learning from there as I find the text book to be useful but there is a lot of unnecessary information in there now
Does anyone have any predictions as to what will come up?
For 3C I feel like we'll get a question (hopefully) on the nomination process or electoral college because of the rise of Trump
Possibly something on Third Parties/ assessment on Obama's time in office (I don't think parties will come up though)
Pressure groups 99% because it didn't come up last year but I'm not a fan of pressure groups
If race does come up then possible immigration as that has been discussed so much recently, especially with Trump and his wall

4C
Presidents power to persuade
Something on the supreme court because of Scalia although that came up last year
Federalism for the constitution 45 marker
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Melissa C
Does anyone have any predictions as to what will come up?
For 3C I feel like we'll get a question (hopefully) on the nomination process or electoral college because of the rise of Trump
Possibly something on Third Parties/ assessment on Obama's time in office (I don't think parties will come up though)
Pressure groups 99% because it didn't come up last year but I'm not a fan of pressure groups
If race does come up then possible immigration as that has been discussed so much recently, especially with Trump and his wall

4C
Presidents power to persuade
Something on the supreme court because of Scalia although that came up last year
Federalism for the constitution 45 marker

For 4C, would Congress come up because it didn't last year? They might use SC in a 15 marker about Scalia
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
For 4C, would Congress come up because it didn't last year? They might use SC in a 15 marker about Scalia

Yeah 100% maybe it'll be a broken branch question or how effective are checks and balances, they could probably ask that instead of a president question as that came up last year and the other topics seem more relevant
Reply 39
The paper/markscheme was made before Scalia died.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending