The Student Room Group

Should there be drugs tests before exams?

Poll

Should students be drug tested before exams?

I saw a story in the press this morning that students are taking a memory drug called Noopept to boost their exam results.

THE SUN: Uni students snort deadly memory drug Noopept for exams
DAILY STAR: Uni students snorting dangerous 'brain boosting' Noopept drug claimed to help memory
EVENING STANDARD: Students turning to Noopept memory drug to boost exam results

I've also heard of students using Modafinil to help them through, do you think students should be drug tested before exams? Like athletes and their performance tests?

:hmmmm:
(edited 7 years ago)
I wonder how much of a positive effect these drugs actually have :holmes:
Reply 2
Yeah, drugs would give you an unfair advantage in some exams.

Definitely in English lit being under the influence would help u write more bs
Reply 3
No
It doesn't even stop professional athletes with reputations that are likely to be completely ruined leading to withdrawal of sponsorship (i.e. income). So why would it discourage kids taking exams?
Original post by somethingbeautiful
It doesn't even stop professional athletes with reputations that are likely to be completely ruined leading to withdrawal of sponsorship (i.e. income). So why would it discourage kids taking exams?

If your exam result is void if it was found you were taking drugs it might. I don't want as race to the bottom where students have to take mind altering drugs to be competitive...
They're in the news a lot but I'm starting to doubt many people actually use them.
my boy took bare gak before an exam and he aced it, so maybe drugs can have a positive effect uno

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending