Reply 380
Original post by Jakejoyce97
I think it was looking for
1. Blood exits kidney through renal vein
2. into vena cava into heart
3. pulmonary artery (reoxygenates)
4. pulmonary vein back to heart
5. heart to aorta
6. aorta to renal artery (back to kidney)

That's what I put

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
Ohhhh i remember that now.. ish, i didn't like those idk, at the time. Maybe if i did them now i'd be okay with it (im not hungry anymore so automatically iq gone up)

I think i wrote something like;
I agree with the sports ppl because blood flow increased for atleast 15 mins after consumption, however no data indicating rate at which blood flow decreased etc. only data done on one artery, blood flow to other areas not measured so hard to draw overall conclusion.

What about that one asking why the scientists had to be extra careful when taking e.coli samples?

I said both the table and figure did not support the conclusion as the table thing regarding the different meals taken did not specify who the subjects were, how many of them there were and if their meal size was consistent. I also said the figure didn't specify when the volunteers have last had their meals and if they had done the same 'vigorous exercise'.

The extra caution one I just put, the faeces may contain other dangerous bacteria.
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I said both the table and figure did not support the conclusion as the table thing regarding the different meals taken did not specify who the subjects were, how many of them there were and if their meal size was consistent. I also said the figure didn't specify when the volunteers have last had their meals and if they had done the same 'vigorous exercise'.

The extra caution one I just put, the faeces may contain other dangerous bacteria.

The question stated that the data was collected from a 'large number of volunteers'.

That's why I said that the sample/data was representative.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CourtlyCanter

That answer is bang on!!! Well done
Reply 384
I didn't even attempt the last couple of questions i ran outta time so guys let's just hope them grade boundaries drop, but then if you think about it the lower the grade boundaries the easier it is to drop from a C to a D because the boundaries would be so close together #aqa sucks
Original post by Suits101
Is your avatar a clouded leopard? :unimpressed::p:p

haha no just a re-coloured picture of a leopard I think.
Reply 386
Good bye university 😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries will be high because we're all retaking... Think about it, there will be NO awful people because they'll have dropped it, and there are no year 12s sitting either. 99% people taking this are looking to get A/Bs
I think it was looking for
1. Blood exits kidney through renal vein
2. into vena cava into heart
3. pulmonary artery (reoxygenates)
4. pulmonary vein back to heart
5. heart to aorta
6. aorta to renal artery (back to kidney)

I dont even know anymore, tissue fluid sounds more realistic but we shall seeeeeee
Grade boundaries will be high because we're all retaking... Think about it, there will be NO awful people because they'll have dropped it, and there are no year 12s sitting either. 99% people taking this are looking to get A/Bs

Are no students still doing this spec for the first time?

Since I'm pretty sure the spec is still valid.
The mean number of cholorplasts....i wrote out to work out the amount in a whole leaf....then i reread the question and crossed it out because it says the mean number of chloroplasts in a palisade cell of a leaf....which i would assume means per cell...not per leaf...surely it means per cell not leaf!?!?!

Otherwise you would have to workout the average chloroplasts per micrometer....and then find the average chloroplasts per micro for each leaf....then alply to volume of a leaf....seems like alot for 3 marks....but the alternative seems like too little for three....damn i dont know now!!
Reply 391

im probably going to be that 1% then with a D or lower :biggrin: oh well guys its over.....until RESULTS DAY then all hell breaks loose one more time
Can anyone remember what they put for the phylogenetic question which had the nucleotide sequences?
Reply 393
Original post by Dankailen
I dont even know anymore, tissue fluid sounds more realistic but we shall seeeeeee

How does tissue fluid sound more realistic???? I give up, I can't even

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Are you guys ready for A2?

Ridiculous statement really
Everyone here it seems found it difficult
It doesnt matter if theres no y12s
It depends how the candidates found it so outrageous to claim they would be high

Nope, retakes only unfortunately
Reply 397

im sure there's no yr 12s to bring the grade boundaries down just retakes

Nope this is the last year of the spec we are all retakers.

I thought that initially....but some people who got u are retaking to scrape a d or c....also all the elite performers are gone because they will have aced it anyway....so the high level people wont be here to increase the boundaries....yiu can tell as on student room there are always people saying it were easy (the top performers) but this paper seems universally disliked which points to less high level people taling the exam....hopefully anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending