The Student Room Group

OCR (Not MEI) S1 Wednesday 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ozil5
That makes a lot of sense thank you!

No problem, how many marks was the question btw?

I just hope I didn't lose too many marks :s-smilie:
Reply 221
What do people think grade boundaries for this paper will be?

And what do people think this will get, an A or B?

C1: 55
C2; 61
S1: 55 :/
Reply 222
Original post by liverpool7867
No problem, how many marks was the question btw?

I just hope I didn't lose too many marks :s-smilie:

Only 1 mark!!! Not too bothered i messed up on it for only a mark haha
My method for ABBA question was 7C4 as you're choosing 4 letters from 7 which = 35. Then you had 3 A's & 2B's I labelled thes A1,2,3, B1,2. You've then got no regard to order in the combinations. So B1&B2 in all options. A1 with A2, A1 with A3 and A2 with A3 giving total of 3 combinations out of the total 35 so 3/35 as my answer. Others seem to agree on 1/70 as final answer so why is my method wrong and how many method marks will I receive?
Original post by StruanCaughey
I was unsure but asked my teacher who got 1/70 same as me and so did one of my friends but there also seem to be a lot of other answers out there so I am unsure

Its 1/70 chance that you get The letters ABBA but then you have to worry about the order of those letters. I think...
Original post by toosie
Can someone explain to me why there aren't any outliers? What I did was find the iqr (15?) then multiply that by 1.5 then add it to the uq which was 155? So then I got that 177.5-180 were outliers. Is that wrong and why?

I think the box and whisker diagram only went up to 176, so 155+22.5=177.5 (> than the highest value)
Also the LQ - 22.5 was less than 130 (the lowest value.

therefore no outliers
Original post by Ozil5
What do people think grade boundaries for this paper will be?

And what do people think this will get, an A or B?

C1: 55
C2; 61
S1: 55 :/

Grade Boundaries usually 175/216 but I think this year 168/216 will be an A. You scored 171/216 so will hopefully scrape an A.

I've got:
C1: 56 (58 best)
C2: 58 (60 best)
S1: 50 (52 best)

I kind of messed this Stats paper up, probably be resitting C1 next year.
Original post by Btec certified
I got 1.37

You cant have above 1 for a probability...
Guys for question 6 I did 0.8^10-0.8^19 instead of 0.8^9-0.8^19, what do you think the mark scheme will be like for this kind of error
It doesn't matter if you write in pencil right?
And also how many marks will I lose for putting 1-0.8^10 instead of 1-0.8^9, and how many marks is 7bi (it says 8 in unofficial ms)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Btec certified
It doesn't matter if you write in pencil right?

YES! They scan the papers, pencil isn't picked up well by scanners...
Original post by mstrcvk
And also how many marks will I lose for putting 1-0.8^10 instead of 1-0.8^9, and how many marks is 7bii (it says 8 in unofficial ms)

I did the same, but did it all con my calculator and wrote down the right answer. The mark schemes are very vague s i hop i get it right.
I am so stupid I messed up the spear mans rank question so badly. I couldn't work out what to do so I measured where the coordinates were and worked out the difference between them and then used the spearmans rank formula and got 0.952..... ,do you think is will get any marks? I'm so annoyed
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bobby21231
I am so stupid I messed up the spear mans rank question so badly. I couldn't work out what to do so I measured where the coordinates were and worked out the difference between them and then used the spearmans rank formula and got 0.9... ,do you think is will get any marks? I'm so annoyed

I'm pretty sure that's the right answer
Reply 235
I lost at least 6 marks now...
Probably resit next year
Original post by Bobby21231
I am so stupid I messed up the spear mans rank question so badly. I couldn't work out what to do so I measured where the coordinates were and worked out the difference between them and then used the spearmans rank formula and got 0.9... ,do you think is will get any marks? I'm so annoyed

0.9 is correct
Grade boundary for 90 ums?
Original post by h3rmit
I'm pretty sure that's the right answer

Original post by Balrajan singh
0.9 is correct

No sorry I didn't make it clear I got like 0.952 something because I used the wrong ranks will I get any marks
Original post by bazingger
YES! They scan the papers, pencil isn't picked up well by scanners...

Seriously? My pen ran out halfway through the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending