The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

So I did Jamaica for tourism, but we'd only done it for mass tourism, whilst we did Kenya for ecotourism, but I didn't know whether Kenya was tropical, so I did Jamaica lmao

Anyway, if you make things up, do you think the examiner will google the facts? I was saying stuff like '90% of the White Witch Golf Club's workforce is local', so do you think they'll notice I was making it up?

Also, I don't remember it saying current in the population change question btw.
hi
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 162
For Population, I used the case study about transmigration in Indonesia.
For Urban Environments I used the case study on Kenya, Nairobi.
For Tourism, I used the case study about Jamaica

Were these correct, I'm kinda doubting myself now since I have seen all of these posts :frown:
Original post by johnhall027
found it a decent paper
I did population, changing urban environments and tourism
how did everyone else find it?

I did the same questions as you. I didn't think it was that bad a few of the questions wording confused me but I wrote a good amount for each question and am pleased with some of my answers.
Would I get Gambia for the case study question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
I did Population, Globalisation and Tourism. Globalisation was by far the hardest of the three. All together, Physical Geography is much easier than Human Geography.

I agree, really struggled with the wording of this paper, counting on the physical and my coursework now :-S
Original post by johnhall027
for population control i did china
for squatter settlements: the favelas
and in tourism i used blackpool in the coastal resort/national park question and kenya for the last one

wby?

I used all the same case studies. I'm still unsure about the last one though as many people in my class did the same as me or a sustainable lodge Tataqara
Original post by Ms A

Were these correct, I'm kinda doubting myself now since I have seen all of these posts :frown:

I used Jamaica :-0 I didn't actually write anything relevant to the book, sort of bulls**ted my was through it tbh :':wink:
Original post by 1jonam16
before you critiscize my english first realise this is a chat forum and secondly, are you stupid? You literally don't know the correct "your" to use, now go away, you bigoted fool. Absolutely, stupid.

Alright no need to call me a bigot.I'll end it here.Btw i advise you to not say anything until your absolutely sure..?Because it may cause fear and people may lose reassurance.I (and others) remember that the word "current " was defo not in it,i'll ask my teacher to show me the question but still..Anyways bye
Original post by 1jonam16
well done because getting A*s in your mocks is defineitly hard (y), as for your capability why do you assume you got full marks HAHA so arrogant you think you're brilliant. Welcome to the real world where getting all A*s isn't special.

Are you well??? "getting all A*s isn't special" how do you figure? getting one A* means you're in the top 10-15% for that subject, never mind getting A*s in everything
Reply 170
Original post by Anonymous061299
I used Jamaica :-0 I didn't actually write anything relevant to the book, sort of bulls**ted my was through it tbh :':wink:

lols I kinda memorised it and it was the first case study that came to my head that could of answered the question, is it correct though?
hi
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 172
I probably read the question wrong. I had 2 exams today so was quite stressful.

Dude I have 5 exams on Friday
Original post by Ollie5116
Are you well??? "getting all A*s isn't special" how do you figure? getting one A* means you're in the top 10-15% for that subject, never mind getting A*s in everything

It is important I guess, I just think should be humble towards grades, there's no reason to boast. I could boast myself, but I won't because literally there's more to life than exams. Also being in top 10% of England is a bit meh, not to discredit people who work their socks off and get the grade they deserve. I'm just saying, always downplay your achievements, until you really hit the jackpot, say when you're 60 and you've done eveyrone youve wanted to do.
I did Tourism, Changing Urban Environments and Population change.
Personally I think I did better on the Physical paper, but who knows?
Original post by Hannxhq
I did Tourism, Changing Urban Environments and Population change.
Personally I think I did better on the Physical paper, but who knows?

The physical was SO much easier!!
Original post by Ms A

For population what was the 8 marker on? I thought it was about the strategies of a country trying to control rapid population growth - in that case I think you've done a correct case study. I did China's one child policy.
Original post by milolj
Dude I have 5 exams on Friday

Uhh.... During school time or like up to 7pm or something?
Reply 178
I use the white space when I need like 1 line more but if you wrote the whole case study there i'm pretty sure they will ignore it. Your invigilator was wrong to tell you that. I'd speak with the school about it if I were you.

It will be fine. My teacher marks for AQA and scripts are electronically scanned and sent to examiners for marking. Examiners can zoom out and see the entire page if necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kgramm
The physical was SO much easier!!

I agree! Did you do Tourism?
Basically i did the Galapagos Islands (bc i think they're in the tropics) and basically found it easy to talk about the economic advancements with barely any negative impacts... sustainable eco tourism?
Hopefully i'm right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending