The Student Room Group

The Brexit campaign is a disgrace

I'm so fed up with the Brexit campaign. First they make up a load of fairytales about the economy, then when they're proven to be nonsense they go on about immigration (which is a blessing) and make it out as if its a sign of the Apocalypse.

They also seem to be going mental over young people voting in the referendum and are moaning about us actually registering to vote. Why should I not get to vote in the referendum when a racist greedy OAP who won't be alive in a few years gets to vote out without ever suffering the consequences. The fact is this campaign is disgusting. At first I was undecided but this horrific campaign has firmly made me decide to vote IN
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by intelligent con
I'm so fed up with the Brexit campaign. First they make up a load of fairytales about the economy, then when they're proven to be nonsense they go on about immigration (which is a blessing) and make it out as if its a sign of the Apocalypse.

They also seem to be going mental over young people voting in the referendum and are moaning about us actually registering to vote. Why should I not get to vote in the referendum when a racist greedy OAP who won't be alive in a few years gets to vote out without ever suffering the consequences. The fact is this campaign is disgusting. At first I was undecided but this horrific campaign has firmly made me decide to vote IN

I think you have over-generalised the Brexiter's views. I for one do not have problem with immigration nor do I believe the EU is detrimental to our economy. I am also British Chinese so I can assure you I am not racist. You can read my post on the EU referendum here.

To be quite frank I do not believe you were really that undecided at the first place, given your reaction. It's perfectly fine to disagree but there is no need to stereotype your opposition as some insane angry voters who acts on nothing but emotion. In fact it might just backfire on you.
They also bought advertising targeted at potential Remain voters, trying to mislead them and prevent them from registering to vote. They're now trying to legally challenge the decision to extend the deadline for registering to vote.

These people are the slimiest scum, but for some reason a ridiculous amount of voters are convinced that Boris Johnson and Michael Gove are heroes of the poor and the only honest politicians out there. We need to fix our education system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending