The Student Room Group

epq ideas for law and politics?

hi guys! im not sure if in university I would like to do law or politics so I was wondering if you had any ideas that contribute both of these aspects into an epq. thanks !
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Have a listen to some of these Radio 4 podcasts - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tgy1/episodes/player

Pick a few of the topics to do some more background reading about - and then choose one that appeals to you.
Job done.
Reply 2
Original post by 4mmyr
hi guys! im not sure if in university I would like to do law or politics so I was wondering if you had any ideas that contribute both of these aspects into an epq. thanks !

hi! im the same but im in year 13 now and i wrote about whether we should replace the jury system with artificial intelligence and robotics to be more neutral :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by 4mmyr

eu law/brexit would be a really easy way to keep a law and politics focus if that’s something you’re interested in, same deal with anything immigration/human rights/competition law related where it’s easier to keep a 50/50 split of law and politics. you could look at specific laws in those areas, compare quality/effectiveness of different laws, looking at any suggested reforms to that area from the law commissions projects can also help to compare current laws with potential amendments to the law, maybe looking at how and why a law was passed like if there was any campaigns. a good way to include politics in any legal topic is to look at regulations too (guidelines for politicians and how they can be enforced, is it too lax/ too strict, same with restrictions for businesses like is there enough law effectively holding businesses accountable for not complying with regulations etc). good luck with whatever you end up doing! i hope you enjoy it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending