The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Suits101
Spot on.

i wrote just aqueous, id still get the mark right?
farewell uni

That's wrong you only have one triplet peak there was two >_<
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Guys please, does anyone know what happens when you forget to write the date down on extra paper that you use?? I remembered to write everything else, just completely forgot about the date!! I'm having a huge panic, almost half my answers were on that :frown:

*brb gonna go and drown in my tears*
Original post by Ginpls
I put ch3cooh + hno3 ---> h2o + ch3ch2coo- no2+
Is that right ????

How did you manage to gain a carbon in the reaction?...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote just aqueous cause it only asked for one, and im 99% certain previous markschemes accepted that

can anyone back me on that??
Guys please, does anyone know what happens when you forget to write the date down on extra paper that you use?? I remembered to write everything else, just completely forgot about the date!! I'm having a huge panic, almost half my answers were on that :frown:

dw, the invigilators go through the papers in the end, to ensure everything (names, dates, numbers) are in place.
Original post by Anno007
There did have to be. That's why it was HOCH2COCH2CH(CH3)2

o-ch2 was a triplet though..
Original post by j5994
someone please make an unofficial markscheme or post pictures of the paper coz i need to know how many marks i need in CHEM5 to bring my grade up to an E :'([/QUO

yaay another one who's in the same boat as me glad im not on my own then :biggrin::biggrin:
Would I lose the marks if I said I would add NABH4 and then k2Cr2o7 to distinguish between P and Q as NaBH4 will reduce the ketone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell your exam office.

It should be fine - as long as your candidate number and centre number is on it

Original post by Ginpls
Is that right ????

CH3COOH + HNO3 -> CH3COOH2+ + NO3-
This answer is on another A level paper if you google it.

It say HNO3 acts as an acid or something, so HNO3 must donate a proton/H+
Original post by OloMed
dw, the invigilators go through the papers in the end, to ensure everything (names, dates, numbers) are in place.

Thank you kind sir! I hope the invigilators in my school do this omg

Please don't worry, as long as your other info was on there it will be marked. Also my mum is an invigilator and after every exam they check all the papers to make sure they have the correct info on, so for example to check that someone hasn't written the wrong candidate number, so i'm pretty sure they'd just write the date in for you
Original post by Ginpls
Is that right ????

The NO3 was a -

The acid salt had 1 less oxygen and was a +
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Weeksy97
Yes, I got this and I believe it's correct! 😀

It's not correct because it doesn't have a triplet peak at 3.1-3.9

There must be a -COCH2CH2-
Original post by cowie
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465919833.201290.jpg This was the answer to the last question.. (I got it wrong and drew it as a tertiary alcohol:/
The integration value of 6 with the CH3 included the one on the left..)
How many marks would I loose for tertiary alcohol? I'd imagine 1 for not mentioning it having to be primary or secondary, 1 for wrong product and 2 probably for an error in my working that showed a segment of R-C(CH3)2OH..
So most likely -3/4 what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This isn't correct
Original post by High Stakes
Chemistry teachers looked at it and said it's relatively easy. Should be high grade boundaries.

don't be a prick
Original post by qwerty123A
for distinguishing between one compound and the acyl chloride i said use NaHCO3 and with the acyl chloride you get effervescence and no visible change with the other, is that correct?

That's fine.

Original post by House6797
i wrote just aqueous, id still get the mark right?

That's fine.
*brb gonna go and drown in my tears*

someone in my sixth form once wrote the wrong candidate number on her paper and the exam office called her up to tell her and they changed it for her, don't worry i'm sure it will be ok you wrote everything else anyway
Was the answer to the last question HOCH2-CH2-CH(CH3)-CH2-CH2OH. I think this because it must have alcohol groups, and 5 hydrogen environments. I haven't seen anyone else answer this though so I'm probably wrong 😢

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending