The Student Room Group

Any funny exam experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peter Wilkinson
I once came into an exam an hour late, not because I had forgotten but because my alarm never went off lol .
I also have extra time in my exams and so one time the exam invigilator said "times up, put your pens down" but I wasn't really listening and I thought she only meant for people without extra time, and so she came up behind me and whispered into my ear "put your pen down before I disqualify you" and I literally jumped out of my seat and everyone was staring at me-I never been so embarrassed.

These were for both my A2 maths exams, last year :frown:

Oh dear! just laugh it off! Bet you got good grades though eh? And if not, it's not the end of the world! :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by george_c00per
In my French Listening exam a few weeks ago the CD player broke and repeated the same word "departez" over and over again.. the invigilator was quite old and didn't know how to fix it :biggrin: It made me smile during the worst listening exam I've ever done :redface:

Departez departez departez departez departez departez departez... You sick of the word departez yet?
Original post by cookie123456789
Departez departez departez departez departez departez departez... You sick of the word departez yet?

I am.. sometimes it comes back and haunts me at night.........
Reply 63
While nothing compared to some of the stuff on here -which by the way, is absolutely brilliant- I had an amusing stare off with an invigilator.
At my school each student has a piece of card with our names, candidate and centre numbers on, and since the desks were so tiny, when I started the exam I put it under my paper. So, when they came to do the register the invigilator ripped my paper out from under me to find the card while I just gave him the best *****-face I could muster at 9am after 20-or-so GCSEs while people were just snickering at it.
halfway through the exam i noticed that the chair infant of me had "dick head here" written on it was trying not to laugh
Oh dear! just laugh it off! Bet you got good grades though eh? And if not, it's not the end of the world! :wink:

I did terrible I got an U on core 3 and a D on core 4 however, I managed to get an C grade overall because of my AS grade . I have actually got my core 3 resit exam tomorrow and I'm currently procrastinating xD
In my French Listening exam a few weeks ago the CD player broke and repeated the same word "departez" over and over again.. the invigilator was quite old and didn't know how to fix it :biggrin: It made me smile during the worst listening exam I've ever done :redface:

The same thing happened to us on the listening exam :tongue: AQA? They had to call the technician to fix it and he couldn't so hehad to replace the whole CD player... though even then it still didnt work. In the end we all had to move to another room after half an hour of them trying to fix it :biggrin: :laugh: The invigilator had to keep giving us breaks to laugh
Original post by sapphire79
The same thing happened to us on the listening exam :tongue: AQA? They had to call the technician to fix it and he couldn't so hehad to replace the whole CD player... though even then it still didnt work. In the end we all had to move to another room after half an hour of them trying to fix it :biggrin: :laugh: The invigilator had to keep giving us breaks to laugh

Yes AQA iGCSE :biggrin: Ours called the technicians along with a language teacher, the head of sixth form, and the exams organiser so in the end we had six adults in our room :biggrin: they moved the disk onto the computer but the sound was bad so we had it back on the CD player, luckily it skipped to the question before it. It was kind of bad as it put me off answering the questions but it was also a difficult exam so I didn't know the vocab either. :colondollar:
Yes AQA iGCSE :biggrin: Ours called the technicians along with a language teacher, the head of sixth form, and the exams organiser so in the end we had six adults in our room :biggrin: they moved the disk onto the computer but the sound was bad so we had it back on the CD player, luckily it skipped to the question before it. It was kind of bad as it put me off answering the questions but it was also a difficult exam so I didn't know the vocab either. :colondollar:

Aw! Yup I've heard IGCSE exams are actually harder...I feel for you as I could barely do the normal GCSE :tongue: And same it was kind of offputting for me too. The school tried to get us a 5% increase but apparently it was rejected because many schools experience similar things. :biggrin:
Original post by Peter Wilkinson
I did terrible I got an U on core 3 and a D on core 4 however, I managed to get an C grade overall because of my AS grade . I have actually got my core 3 resit exam tomorrow and I'm currently procrastinating xD

Good luck for tomorrow! And remember to turn up on time!
Original post by sapphire79
Aw! Yup I've heard IGCSE exams are actually harder...I feel for you as I could barely do the normal GCSE :tongue: And same it was kind of offputting for me too. The school tried to get us a 5% increase but apparently it was rejected because many schools experience similar things. :biggrin:

It's because most private schools do iGCSE therefore the grade boundaries are higher, for example you need 34/40 for an A* in listening but only like 26/40 for an A* in normal GCSEs :frown: I bet our school never even said it happened lol, the teachers were mortified by it happening right in the middle of the exam! :biggrin:
Reply 71
Last Year in our mocks for french listening someone broke their chair and fell off it, and whilst doing that the desk also collapsed in front of him! He then said "I think my chair is broken"! It was so funny as the invigilators weren't really sure what they had to do!! Funniest exam in my life! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
For a speaking and listening test where I was being recorded, it turns out nothing was recorded so we did it again. Then, on the second time, the audio was unclear cuz of the wind. On the third go apparently, I was too far away from the mic. Fourth time, all was going well but then someone dropped a bunch of boxes outside the room just when we were about to finish. We restarted and succeeded the 5th time but before that the examiner and I could not stop laughing cuz it took so long but it weren't even that funny, which is why we kept laughing.
We've got this girl who constantly coughs in every exam.....Like none stop for the whole hour/two hours! It's like when you're trying to sleep and a car alarm goes off outside, it stops and you think you're gonna be fine and then it starts going off again, so ANNOYING!
X

Well today someone had a wobbly chair so put his chair at the back. He then decided to take the chair of a late person (he hadn't arrived yet). The exams officer noticed that and basically called him out asking "did you not think of the person who needed that chair". The guy was sitting on the opposite row to me at the back of the hall, so there was a heated argument about the school not being able to provide chairs or something like that across the hall.

I was just at the back laughing my ass off because he was constantly being told off for such small things

In the end the latecomer got a nice padded comfy chair lmao. Karma!!
We all finished our business exam early, so one boy stuck his legs out through the table and tripped the invigilator up

Posted from TSR Mobile
When one of my mates was doing his speaking test for French in Year 10 his voice started to break halfway through the exam. He was so squeaky until the end the teacher tried so hard not to laugh.
I know I've already posted, but the post above me triggered my memory :biggrin:. Last week i had my Statistics exam and in our college we have really bad seating arrangements. Seats 1 to 200 have good seats but anything past 200 i.e. 201 has these awful chairs (like the fold up chairs). I was sat in seat 243 and 2 rows away from me there was just a massive thud (the chair had folded in on this girl, so she fell off it :biggrin:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Somebody had dominos before the business exam and they kept farting... Eventually I heard a massive fart and the invigilator took him out really awkwardly... He didn't come back until like 20 minutes later! (in an hour long exam) suffice to say... he didn't finish! :biggrin:

Plus my desk broke during the exam and the invigilator cello taped it back together :colondollar: fml :biggrin:
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Somebody had dominos before the business exam and they kept farting... Eventually I heard a massive fart and the invigilator took him out really awkwardly... He didn't come back until like 20 minutes later! (in an hour long exam) suffice to say... he didn't finish! :biggrin:

Plus my desk broke during the exam and the invigilator cello taped it back together :colondollar: fml :biggrin:

Suffice it to say this is clearly a lie, stop pandering towards users who cherish the memories of the Inbetweeners', we know this either didn't happen or was exaggerated to attract rep points :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest