The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) D1 Wednesday 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebirth61213
I've been looking like a complete tit for the past hour by saying 'Percy Li' in a variety of different tones, accents, volumes and speeds in order to see if OCR chucked in another pun (remember Roland Kneede the baker and Rhoda Raghe the avid driver with a horrendously contrived surname?). Anybody made any progress?

iirc the question was about road maintenance?

It was about railways and track maintenance, I thought it was a little shoutout to Thomas the Tank Engine which was going through my head during the exam :tongue:
Original post by rich1334
It was about railways and track maintenance, I thought it was a little shoutout to Thomas the Tank Engine which was going through my head during the exam :tongue:

Woah...

Maybe the Chinese surname is an allusion to the Chinese Postman algorithm (which was the basis of the question)? The plot thickens....
Original post by rebirth61213
Woah...

Maybe the Chinese surname is an allusion to the Chinese Postman algorithm (which was the basis of the question)? The plot thickens....

Yeah, I swear another of the people mentioned in the question was named Gordon too, although I might just be imagining things at this point :tongue:
did anybody else save their solutions?
Reply 84
Original post by rich1334

Maybe it's an anagram or something more subtle. Cry pile, C1 made me want to join a cry pile
Original post by mkwhater
did anybody else save their solutions?

Yeah, have you??
Reply 86
I super screwed this one up! Its annoying me so much. I really have to get a B this year and was relying on this to be my good maths, cause i suck at C3 and C4! And i didnt finish the last question, i only did the first two bits! think what i did right was correct, but i missed so much. guess i can kiss that place at edinburgh good bye........
did anyone else fine that graph question really weird ?
Does anyone have the paper?
Original post by TheNicholas
Yeah, have you??

I saw yours, I planned to save mine but got pressed for time (damn q4). I dunno about some of them though I recall getting 89 for 6 part something I see you got 88 - that may have just been a typo. But yeah hopefully someone else can verify things
Reply 89
I saw yours, I planned to save mine but got pressed for time (damn q4). I dunno about some of them though I recall getting 89 for 6 part something I see you got 88 - that may have just been a typo. But yeah hopefully someone else can verify things

I got 88 for my answer
Original post by Lazoom
I got 88 for my answer

fml.... did anyone get 119 or something like that for the cycle of y it was 6(iii)(b)

also for Dijkstras how many times did the person go through L
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IoMc
I super screwed this one up! Its annoying me so much. I really have to get a B this year and was relying on this to be my good maths, cause i suck at C3 and C4! And i didnt finish the last question, i only did the first two bits! think what i did right was correct, but i missed so much. guess i can kiss that place at edinburgh good bye........
did anyone else fine that graph question really weird ?

Don't fret! Just move on and concentrate on c3 + 4! No point stressing when you can't change it, but I bet you'll surprise yourself on results day <3
Reply 92
fml.... did anyone get 119 or something like that for the cycle of y it was 6(iii)(b)

also for Dijkstras how many times did the person go through L

There wasnt a 6iiib think you mean a question on 7, i put through L 7 times I believe, as it had 6 arcs and one repeated through it, wasnt 100 percent on it though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lazoom
There wasnt a 6iiib think you mean a question on 7, i put through L 7 times I believe, as it had 6 arcs and one repeated through it, wasnt 100 percent on it though

I put 7 times too for the same logic :smile:
I put that I went through L 4 times
Reply 95
Original post by AlistairMcDonald

Thats right thinking about it know, it'll be half 6 as you leave to make 2 arcs, then plus the one from repeating. :/
1 arc doesn't mean it went through L once, does it? Surely to have 'gone through' L it needs to have gone in on an arc, and then left on another arc
So did I, as every two arcs would mean going through once.
Original post by Lazoom
Thats right thinking about it know, it'll be half 6 as you leave to make 2 arcs, then plus the one from repeating. :/

Ah, phew, for me anyway :frown: but it was only like 1 mark anyway
Original post by AlistairMcDonald

I made such a stupid mistake haha, the order of L was 8 so I put that down as the answer forgetting to half it. Overall a really nice paper tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending