The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry C3 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by nisha.sri
Yeh it is that's what it said in my text book :smile: Although it said 'an....' so i think it's acid but i'm sure that's right :smile:

Yeah strange, I think they will accept either acid or sulphuric acid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by srmed
Yeah strange, I think they will accept either acid or sulphuric acid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just write 'acid' since writing 'sulphuric acid' wouldn't have made gramatical sense.
Original post by surina16
Yeah, I regret changing so many answers ffs! :frown: Like I changed fluorine to iodine, and in the titration I changed my answer so I said the acid was in the pipette :redface:
I think I got -1276 for that, and for the catalyst I put acidic :lol:
What did you put? :smile:

Meh, thank you - I really hope so tbh :/ I'm sure you did great because of how hard you have worked :biggrin:

Yeh oh no !! I'm sure it won't mind :wink:
I got 2 thousand something :s-smilie: Lol yeh that's right i put something very stupid :redface:
Those were the two annoying questions including the energy change one what did you do for that one ?
Reply 323
Original post by Fractite
I just write 'acid' since writing 'sulphuric acid' wouldn't have made gramatical sense.

Lol yeah I didn't really notice or pay attention to that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone put for the Haber process question where you had to say why air shouldn't be allowed into the reactor?
What did you get ?

I really don't remember, I think it was -1200 (the zeros are the numbers I don't remember)
Original post by pixiefuller
What did everyone put for the Haber process question where you had to say why air shouldn't be allowed into the reactor?

I write about impurities messing up the reaction. Not sure if that's right though..
Reply 327
Original post by JDoza
I'm so confused.. Our paper didn't have a specific heat capacity question but we had most of the questions mentioned in this thread. 🤔

You probablyprobably did the further additional C3 paper . That's the one I did as well and I don't remember a specific heat capacity question. The papers are usually very similar but some questions are a bit different.
Reply 328
Original post by pixiefuller

Idk I said that air contains oxygen which is reactive and so it will affect the reaction and ammonia will not be made?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by srmed
Idk I said that air contains oxygen which is reactive and so it will affect the reaction and ammonia will not be made?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I talked about oxygen as well but didn't know what it would react with
Reply 330
wow i messed up the bond energy
i got 4722 for one side and 5998 for the other :biggrin:
Reply 331
Original post by Roquebrune2014
So did I is -1276 wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats right because it shows that the reaction is exothermic
Reply 332
I found c3 so so hard and could literally only do a few questions :frown:
Reply 333
Original post by FAO_26
You probablyprobably did the further additional C3 paper . That's the one I did as well and I don't remember a specific heat capacity question. The papers are usually very similar but some questions are a bit different.

Oh so they're not the same papers. Thank god! 😂
Reply 334
for the speckfic heat capacity i gkt 55.10
i think i got 4.2*0.8*16.4
What did you get for the bond entalphy question i got 2 thousand something. Also for the catalyst of carboxylic i forgot :redface:

I can't remember lol...I think it was an acid catalyst for making an ester if that's what you mean...:smile:
Original post by lilacpotato
I can't remember lol...I think it was an acid catalyst for making an ester if that's what you mean...:smile:

+1 on acid catalyst
Yeh oh no !! I'm sure it won't mind :wink:
I got 2 thousand something :s-smilie: Lol yeh that's right i put something very stupid :redface:
Those were the two annoying questions including the energy change one what did you do for that one ?

I'm sure you'll still get 2/3 method marks :h: What did you put for the catalyst? :lol: It was only 1 mark so it doesn't matter :biggrin:
For the energy changes one I just added up every single bond energy using the values in the table for one side and then did the same for the other side. Then, because breaking bonds is exothermic and making bonds is endothermic, I did the value on the right side of the equation - the value on the left :smile:
Was it an exothermic reaction we had to draw a diagram for?
Original post by surina16
I'm sure you'll still get 2/3 method marks :h: What did you put for the catalyst? :lol: It was only 1 mark so it doesn't matter :biggrin:
For the energy changes one I just added up every single bond energy using the values in the table for one side and then did the same for the other side. Then, because breaking bonds is exothermic and making bonds is endothermic, I did the value on the right side of the equation - the value on the left :smile:

Yeh i guess lol i put iron coz i got mixed up with the haber process lmao 😂😂😂
that's exactly what i did also for one side did you get 5 thousand something?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending