The Student Room Group

How should I study physics A-Level AQA?

I am going to sit my first a level physics exam in about 2 months and I'm wondering how I should be studying it as I really struggle with physics. I study maths physics chemistry and further maths and when I say struggle I mean I struggle to maintain an A* which is my desired grade. I'm constantly either just a bit below and A* or slightly above and it's worrying me as I really need the A* in physics for my offers. A lot of the time I make dumb mistakes or the mark scheme is really specific with AQA and I can't seem to do as well in AQA as I can other exam boards (don't ask why I just find AQA more difficult). I want to ensure I can get the A* but maybe my studying technique is wrong? I just watch videos to understand the topic, flashcards, questions and then flashcards on questions I got wrong that's rlly it. Is there anything else I should do (given I've done all past paper questions for paper 1 and 2 for new spec AQA)?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Your grade is determined by how you do on the exam, so practice exam questions.

Mark scheme is at times frustrating, yes. When you do past papers, and when you mark them, you should make a note of what bits in your answer are and aren't relevant. Train yourself to be more concise.

Quick Reply

Latest