The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
you've done your fair share of smearing on other incidents tbh

Such as?
I'm not really surprised that something like this has happened, I'm actually surprised that it has taken so long to occur.
@Fullofsurprises Disgusting to see you use the death of someone for your own petty arguments.
It seems the shooter, Thomas Mair, was mentally ill. See:

(Article from 2010)
:frown: Disgusting... R.I.P Jo...

What the hell is happening this year...
Rip

Out of respect, we should leave the forum free of political statements (guns, referendum and Britain First) for 24 hours.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Info on the shooter: (Suffering from mental health problems)

Hold on - MH problems are also clearly behind many "terrorist" attacks.

It doesn't mean his association (if it's the case) with Britain First is irrelevant.
RIP
Original post by alevelstresss
You need to look at these individuals carefully. They aren't proper purporters of Islam, each and every single one of them was a European / Middle Eastern Muslim who had become frustrated/angry with the system and with groups of people.

What is your theological justification for saying "they aren't proper purporters of Islam".

You say every one of them had become frustrated/angry with the system. So what? Is that supposed to be a justification? Is it supposed to be an assertion that people can't have more than one motivation?

The biggest terrorist of the 21st century, Osama bin Laden, came from a very rich family. Many ISIS supporters come from middle-class families. Your bizarre justifications simply are not true

They didn't go and kill anyone because they wanted to enforce Islam on the world or to increase Islam's strength as a religion - they all did it to kill innocent people and take their anger out on the western system which they grew up to despise.

Yup, because throwing gay Iraq/Syrian men off roofs and murdering/enslaving Iraqi Yezidis because they are "pagans" obviously has everything to do with Western foreign policy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Hold on - MH problems are also clearly behind many "terrorist" attacks.

It doesn't mean his association (if it's the case) with Britain First is irrelevant.

You mean like this one?? One in which i distinctly recall blaming on his mental health and not on his religion...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3137219/Machete-killer-Nicholas-Salvador-obsessed-ISIS-beheading-videos-just-weeks-killing-great-grandmother-Palmira-Silva-82.html

You people of the far left are the other side of the coin of BNP and the far right. Two peas in an illiberal ignorant pod dedicated to your prejudices
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
@Fullofsurprises Disgusting to see you use the death of someone for your own petty arguments.

Shall we wait for the full facts to come out then? So far it appears that he was a far right fanatic Leaver, which is completely relevant. Time will tell, but I've removed the post saying UKIP may have been involved.

There's certainly nothing remotely petty about this and if it does turn out to have been a politically motivated attack, then we need a complete investigation to see if he was encouraged by others and if anyone else knew about his intentions.
Original post by Thutmose-III
What is your theological justification for saying "they aren't proper purporters of Islam".

You say every one of them had become frustrated/angry with the system. So what? Is that supposed to be a justification?

Yup, because throwing gay Iraq/Syrian men off roofs and murdering/enslaving Iraqi Yezidis because they are "pagans" obviously has everything to do with Western foreign policy.

I was talking primarily about radicalised western citizens. The ISIS militants living in Syria could well believe the delusion that they are living, but in terms of radicalised individuals in western society - they are just murderers taking out their anger on the world, Islam is just a veil they hide behind so they can live with their intentions. Its almost identical to how Elliot Rodger wanted to 'take revenge' for social rejection when it was actually just a pure hatred for the people around him. All of this hatred at its core is not Islamic from first principle, you don't become a radicalised person solely because of religion, you become radicalised by having a major dent in your life and resorting to extremist ideology to seal the gap.
Original post by Craig1998
Rip

Out of respect, we should leave the forum free of political statements (guns, referendum and Britain First) for 24 hours.

Why is that respectful? If he was from Britain First, it's completely disrespectful not to talk about it.

For example, if they had anything at all to do with her murder, then their leaders should be arrested for conspiracy.
Original post by TelAviv
There's also a video that supposedly shows him on a "Britain First Activist Training Camp" in Snowdonia.

Do you have a source that links him to that camp?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/britain-first-been-holding-activist-11474970
So so sad

Rip
Original post by NickLCFC
It seems the shooter, Thomas Mair, was mentally ill. See

It could be strongly argued that anyone who will kill another human being in cold blood and without provocation is suffering from some kind of mental disorder.

That doesn't mean that far right or Islamist (whatever the case is) rhetoric and propaganda (and often recruiting and grooming) has nothing to do with it. Terrorist groups often groom particularly vulnerable individuals
Reply 116
Original post by Craig1998
Rip

I'd certainly agree with that. Others sadly, won't, we're already seeing outrageous and vile accusations that it's some kind of false flag attack orchestrated by the Remain campaign ffs. RIP.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Why is that respectful? If he was from Britain First, it's completely disrespectful not to talk about it.

For example, if they had anything at all to do with her murder, then their leaders should be arrested for conspiracy.

Do you have any other witness statements on the Britain First claim. This is the only one I could find:

Aamir Tahir, of The Dry Clean Centre, said: "The lady I work with heard two loud bangs but I wasn't there, I was stuck in traffic at the time. I wish I was there because I would have tried to stop him. The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn't. Apparently the guy who did it shouted 'Britain first' and if I had been there I would have tackled him."
I'm lost for words. This just isn't something you associate with happening in the UK.

This had better not be linked to the referendum...
Feel so sad she passed away. :frown: This has all happened too fast ... :cry2: I feel depressed I never got to meet her properly as she was my MP. RIP Jo :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending