The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP3 Friday 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

opinions??
couldn't do the last groups question
Original post by maxgriffin
couldn't do the last groups question

All of it or just finding the subgroups???
Christ that last question was a bit *****. The first two parts in particular. The last parts were okay.

Overall not a bad paper, pretty average apart from that last question.

Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by jonnydowe
Christ that last question was a bit *****. The first two parts in particular. The last parts were okay.

Overall not a bad paper, pretty average apart from that last question.

Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

Do you remember what you put for the second part of the first groups question?
Original post by TheNicholas
Do you remember what you put for the second part of the first groups question?

Was that the the subgroup? I believe I put {1, -1}
Original post by jonnydowe
Was that the the subgroup? I believe I put {1, -1}

I got the same! Thought I was wrong though because going from an infinite group to a subgroup of order 2 seemed wrong to me haha
You just had to eliminate everything apart from a^3b I think but when it came to a^2b I had said that if ba = a^2b then that means a =ba^2b which is not true as a=a

It won't let me add but I could tell you my answer here and someone could transfer them??
Original post by TheNicholas
It won't let me add but I could tell you my answer here and someone could transfer them??

Yeah do that.
Can anyone tell me any of their answers for an unofficial mark scheme?
1i) e^(2*p*pi*i/5)
1ii) didn't enter into calc, oops
2) 9/14 root(14)
3i) show
3ii) y= x^2/(lnx +1)
4i) show
4ii) {1,-1}
5) y=e^-x (Acos3x +Bsin3x) + 9cosx +2sinx
6i) in Cartesian though: r= (0,1,1) + t(7,-2,-3)
6ii) r= (2,0,1)+(7,-2,-3)
7i) show: sin6theta =..........
7ii) show: -1=<sin6theta/sin2theta<3
8i) show
8ii) show
8iii) show
8iv) {e, a^2, ab, a^3b} {e, a, a^2, a^3} {e, a^2, b, a^3b}
Average paper, last question was hard! If i actually worked harder would have easily come away with an A, but now it seems unlikely if its like 55-62.
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Average paper, last question was hard! If i actually worked harder would have easily come away with an A, but now it seems unlikely if its like 55-62.

Why would an A be 62? Standard FP3 boundary is 55 (very rarely higher), this paper I think was harder than usual so probably low 50s for an A.
I got rekt by the last question, was all good up until then. I got maybe 3 out of the 17 odd marks haha
Reply 36
finished question 1-7 in half an hour and spent entire hour doing the last one...groups and proof are always my least favourite
FFS
Reply 37
1i) Z = e(2kπi/5) where k = 0,1,2,3,4 [2 marks]1ii) Z = 2e(2k+1)πi/5 where k = 0, 1, 2,3,4,5 [3 marks]

This is in the unofficial mark scheme but the question says 0 less than the angle less than 2 pi, so i ignored n=0, anyone did the same?
Yeah that's what I did too, i swear it was 0<theta<2pi not inclusive for both parts?
Reply 39
Attachment not found

FP.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending