Cr(H2O)3(OH)3 + 3H+ -> [Cr(H2O)6 ]3+

Cr(H2O)3(OH)3 + 3OH- -> [Cr(OH)6]3- + 3H2O
Reply 2022
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you
It did
But why don't you also x2 for 158 because 2 F are also produced

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah two moles are produced but what it's doing it giving you bond dissociation enthalpy, which is that equation, which is the enthalpy change when one mole of covalent bond is broken hence no change needed.

Atomisation enthalpy stuff, where you would have x2 before probably is for when 1 mol of gaseous atoms is formed
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Yup!! Literally praying it's nothing like chem4

I swear to god though, if it's anything like chem4 I'll scream. And probably cry.
Do we need to know the equations for the fuel cell in alkaline conditions?
Another oxidation question lol
I can't seem to do these simple ones 😭
Thank you!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466531044.922600.jpg
NH3 has no charge so that's 0
SO4 has an oxidation state of -2
So X + 0 -2 = 0
Therefore, X = +2
So is that how you get the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Super199
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM5-QP-JAN13.PDF

3c.

why do you halve the oxygen value. I don't understand :frown:

Write out the equation of the reaction happening and you'll undertsand why. I've done it 2 ways here which gives the same answer:

Reply 2027
Original post by Bloom77
Another oxidation question lol
I can't seem to do these simple ones 😭
Thank you!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466531044.922600.jpg
NH3 has no charge so that's 0
SO4 has an oxidation state of -2
So X + 0 -2 = 0
Therefore, X = +2
So is that how you get the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ligands like NH3 and H2O are uncharged and it shows the overall is 0, hence just 2+ to counter the SO4(2-)
Original post by SirRaza97
Write out the equation of the reaction happening and you'll undertsand why. I've done it 2 ways here which gives the same answer:

See I tried writing out the equation, and I got the second one. I got the delta H as 89. But I don't get why you halve it, or in this cause you've doubled the temperature?
Original post by Jmedi
Yeah ligands like NH3 and H2O are uncharged and it shows the overall is 0, hence just 2+ to counter the SO4(2-)

THANK YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile
what should I revise? Any predicitons
Original post by emma_1111
Is lattice dissociation always -ve?

Lattice dissociation: bonds are breaking: Bond breaking releases energy: It is always positive!!
Original post by flylikeafly
what should I revise? Any predicitons

if chem4 is representative, i would say absolutely anything could come up
Original post by Super199
See I tried writing out the equation, and I got the second one. I got the delta H as 89. But I don't get why you halve it, or in this cause you've doubled the temperature?

I haven't doubled the temp. I have doubled the enthalpy change. This is because in the second equation I am creating 2 lot's of water. So the energy required to create twice the amount will be twice the energy so deltaH is multiplied by 2.

In the first equation whichis how the mark scheme does it, is that you are creating 1 mol of water so deltaH is -242. The reason it's half of water because the first equation is 1/2O2 which means that the entropy must be half aswell.
Original post by nutcase13
if chem4 is representative, i would say absolutely anything could come up

yeah thats what I thought im just going over the book looking for sneaky things they could bring up but others seem to be discussing past paper questions
if it asks for strongest/reducing agent, how do you know whether to say its like Zn or Zn2+?
Original post by jammypancake
if it asks for strongest/reducing agent, how do you know whether to say its like Zn or Zn2+?

reducing agents are on the right hand side, and oxidising agents are on the left hand side
I will be so disappointed if chem 5 is like chem 4. I don't care if the paper is hard but it's the fact that a lot of revision will have been wasted
Original post by flylikeafly
yeah thats what I thought im just going over the book looking for sneaky things they could bring up but others seem to be discussing past paper questions

sneaky things meaning.....
Original post by badaman
sneaky things meaning.....

like asking us about things that I may have missed in the book or thought was never come up based on past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending