The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Predicted grades boundaries? Easy paper, so what's the highest it's ever been for an A and A*? I need an A* to bump up my grade so this is a bit annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charco63
Can't remember exactly but I got something like +2240

Thank god
Accidentally did MnO4- to Mn3+.... got confused with dichromate, will I lose all the 7 marks?
Original post by Charco63
Can't remember exactly but I got something like +2240

It was 2238
Isnt the MnO4:FeC2O4 ratio 3:5?
I used that and ended up getting 53% purity :s-smilie:
Reply 2285
Original post by study2016
Isnt the MnO4:FeC2O4 ratio 3:5?
I used that and ended up getting 53% purity :s-smilie:

Nah 2:5

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA YOU BEAUTIES!!!

I forgive you for CHEM4!! That was such a nice paper. The only bit I didn't get was the 3 marks for the chromium thingy where it went to a solid and gas, damn it!

I'm expecting at least 95 for UMS cap though, so I hope I haven't dropped much more than those 3 marks.
Original post by neevtrehan
How did you do it?

Equation for moles manganate to c2o4-, from what I can remember it was 2:5
Question gave conc and vol of managanate, so multiply for moles, then divide by two times by 5 for c2o4- moles, x10 for volume. Then divide by 3 as the molecule had 3 mols of c2o4-. Find mr (460 something i think?), Find the mass by moles x mr. Then do mass / mass given in the question x100 for percentage
Original post by openmyeys
Accidentally did MnO4- to Mn3+.... got confused with dichromate, will I lose all the 7 marks?

No way, if you did every other step correctly, you'll probably still get 5.
Am the only one that found it awful? :frown:

Yeah, it's 2:5 and you also have to divide by 3, because 3 molar solution of potassium iron oxalate reacting, to get 94.4%.
Original post by Fibsy
Predicted grades boundaries? Easy paper, so what's the highest it's ever been for an A and A*? I need an A* to bump up my grade so this is a bit annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
The grade Boundaries will be similar to last year, similar paper, with a C2O4- redox titration like last year, so I think it would be 85 for a A* ... and 76/77 for a A, 69 for a B.
They should be higher this year, the paper was not super easy or difficult
Doesn't get much easier than that
Your right
I used the wrong moles ratio cause I couldn't balance my equation so I ended up with 1:2. But I'm pretty sure I did all the other steps correctly, how many marks do you think I lost?
I got like +1910 or something for the Born Haber cycle :frown: wtf
Original post by Cadherin
AQA YOU BEAUTIES!!!

I forgive you for CHEM4!! That was such a nice paper. The only bit I didn't get was the 3 marks for the chromium thingy where it went to a solid and gas, damn it!

I'm expecting at least 95 for UMS cap though, so I hope I haven't dropped much more than those 3 marks.

Solid is cr(h2o)3(oh)3 and the gas is co2, it's M3+ with co32- reaction
Wanted a nice exam paper but I thought that was a bit too nice, grade boundaries are going to be sky high
If there is a lot of crossing out but the answer was correct.... Is it ok
Original post by Sufyxyz
I think I got like 80.9 for the purity

so did i, apparently there was something with the moles on iron - like the molarity was 3 or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending