The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

how many marks for 51%?/?
Original post by RedNebula
My guess for what I think I got on this paper is about 68. How close do you think this would be to the A boundary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid I think that might be a high C/low B :frown: - who knows though, grade boundaries might go down for all we know though.
Original post by Suits101
I agree with these (second quote)

I agree too - although I unfortunately think they may even be slightly higher.
what was the answer for the platinum electrode question guys? did it have any effect?
Does anyone have any idea what the bondaries will be for the CHEM4 paper? I was just wondering since chem5 will seem to be a bit higher
Original post by SirRaza97
Does anyone have any idea what the bondaries will be for the CHEM4 paper? I was just wondering since chem5 will seem to be a bit higher

My guesses:

CHEM4:
120 UMS = 88/100
108 UMS = 81/100
A = 74/100

CHEM5:
120 UMS = 93/100
108 UMS = 85/100
A = 77/100

But this is of course just guesswork - I'm usually quite accurate though!
Original post by Humza Ali
what was the answer for the platinum electrode question guys? did it have any effect?

Surface area of electrode: No effect.
Increased oxygen pressure: Higher emf.
I think I got around 80-82 on this paper. Do you think that will be an A?
Original post by Aethrell
Still don't get why increasing the pressure of the oxygen would make a difference... surely they're not all gaseous so it wouldn't make a difference?

When you're measuring E0 it must be under standard conditions else it will change (so 100kPa) so increasing the pressure will make a difference purely becuse it's no longer under standard conditions
Wasnt lattice dissociation enthalpy negative not positive?
Could you put equlibrium signs in the contact process equations? Would I drop the marks with even with the equations I put correct?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466678805.052507.jpg Grade boundaries should be high according to my Twitter poll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bigboss27
Wasnt lattice dissociation enthalpy negative not positive?

The arrow on the diagram went the wrong way so you had to change the sign to get a positive. Also it doesn't really make sense if you're breaking up a lattice that it would give out energy.
Original post by emilies18
I think I got around 80-82 on this paper. Do you think that will be an A?

Most likely. The paper was similar in difficulty to last year and you only needed 76 for an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medlad101
**** i did the same

its probably fine. They didn't ask us to clearly show the type of bonding in the complex.
Can someone help me out with a few Qs- for the one about environment , can you just put h20 only product or do you have to hammer on about it not being as bad as co2? Also on the Q (7 marks) about adding ethanediol te to co2+ do you have to say delta H is the same ?:/ also the very last Q - can you say: mn04- absorb white light frequencies and the freq not absorbed detected by colouring ter to give value of conc
would it be ok to put + aq on the reactants side of the enthalpy of solution equation? or will it just say ignore +aq on the mark scheme?
has anyone done a chem 4 unofficial markscheme?
For the percentage purity I put two calculations one for C2O4 and one for Fe on an extra sheet ,I didn't cross any out ,do I get a few marks or not ???

Thank you
does anyone have pictures of the paper? would be much appreciated xoxo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending