The Student Room Group

Never learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Duncan2012
Ever shopped at IKEA? Done a big food shop? Taken a cat to the vet? While not impossible without a car, some things are so much easier if you can drive.

Home delivery dude, it's why mums go to Iceland :colondollar:.
It's easier and cheaper in my opinion to just pay extra for delivery or a cab on that occasion you need to if you live in a city. The main reason I'm considering learning to drive is because I can see it being beneficial for a family in the future.
Driving is a handy skill to have but I agree that to learn something quickly and efficiently, your heart should be in it. Lessons are also very expensive so don't feel bad for waiting until a time when you're ready financially to start them.

You're only 18, there's no rush. I didn't start lessons until I was 22 and my mum has just recently started lessons at 44 as she couldn't do it for years because of her health. It's never too late to start but it's also not the worst thing in the world not to drive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
hire a chauffeur.
Reply 43
Original post by Spock's Socks
Driving is a handy skill to have but I agree that to learn something quickly and efficiently, your heart should be in it. Lessons are also very expensive so don't feel bad for waiting until a time when you're ready financially to start them.

You're only 18, there's no rush. I didn't start lessons until I was 22 and my mum has just recently started lessons at 44 as she couldn't do it for years because of her health. It's never too late to start but it's also not the worst thing in the world not to drive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's very kind of you :smile: I guess I can always learn later as I don't particularly need to be able to drive now.
You will get it one day just keep trying, Possibly if you really are struggling you could get a cheap race wheel and gear stick and play a driving game, while this will not be a substitute for real driving so you should try and drive more. But learning is a very important life skill, Even if you do not buy a car it is something you really need, no matter how much you can and will take pubic transport. Imagine you go on holiday, you want to hire a moped, Nope you cant no driving license.
And DO NOT get a automatic license that means you will not be able to drive non auto, get manual, you can then drive auto and manual.

But good luck
Reply 45
Original post by AperfectBalance
You will get it one day just keep trying, Possibly if you really are struggling you could get a cheap race wheel and gear stick and play a driving game, while this will not be a substitute for real driving so you should try and drive more. But learning is a very important life skill, Even if you do not buy a car it is something you really need, no matter how much you can and will take pubic transport. Imagine you go on holiday, you want to hire a moped, Nope you cant no driving license.
And DO NOT get a automatic license that means you will not be able to drive non auto, get manual, you can then drive auto and manual.

But good luck

Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate what you are saying! I'll try...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending