The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marioman
No idea, I've not seen the paper.

No, I sat the paper last year as well (I got 3 ums off an A* hence the retake) and last years was a lot more difficult... The questions were fiddly and such
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
I got either 144e^3 or 1/144e^3 ... Not e^2...

Forgive me, I think my tiredness made me forget. I did get e^2 :smile:
Original post by Sid1234
was this harder than last year/

I think core 3 was harder than usual because there were some unfamiliar questions on the paper but core 4 only question 9 and 10 required more understandings of synotic nature of mathematical theories.
No, I sat the paper last year as well (I got 3 ums off an A* hence the retake) and last years was a lot more difficult... The questions were fiddly and such

You should find the paper easier because you got a whole year of practice.
Can someone tell me if I will lose marks for not writing c=3 on the last question but still be able to get the correct answer?:frown:
Original post by daniellon
You should find the paper easier because you got a whole year of practice.

But comparatively, I did the 2015 paper as part of revision again and it was an awful paper (not as awful at 2014; I think an A* was 57 in that one) but the questions on this paper were slightly easier, so I think the grade boundaries will be slightly higher :smile:
But comparatively, I did the 2015 paper as part of revision again and it was an awful paper (not as awful at 2014; I think an A* was 57 in that one) but the questions on this paper were slightly easier, so I think the grade boundaries will be slightly higher :smile:

In my opinion, I think this paper was harder because I only drop 1 mark on the 2015 paper. But I think I will drop 9-10 on that one
In my opinion, I think this paper was harder because I only drop 1 mark on the 2015 paper. But I think I will drop 9-10 on that one

I guess it just depends on your strong points in maths :smile: this paper had a lot of high mark questions, so it just depends :smile:
I guess it just depends on your strong points in maths :smile: this paper had a lot of high mark questions, so it just depends :smile:

Can I ask for your opinions and predictions for the grade boundaries for an A* on core 3 and core 4?
Can I ask for your opinions and predictions for the grade boundaries for an A* on core 3 and core 4?

I didn't do core 3 this year, so I can't say!

Put personally, I think about 63-64/72 will be an A* for core 4.. However, I don't know how people did with question 6 and question 10, so it could be a lot lower as these were probably the hardest questions on the paper :smile:
I didn't do core 3 this year, so I can't say!

Put personally, I think about 63-64/72 will be an A* for core 4.. However, I don't know how people did with question 6 and question 10, so it could be a lot lower as these were probably the hardest questions on the paper :smile:

That is what I thought as well, I hope it will be lower because all the people in my class said that was terrible
That is what I thought as well, I hope it will be lower because all the people in my class said that was terrible

People do generally struggle with core 4, so it may be lower :smile: good luck, though! Hope all your results go well :smile:
Reply 352
Have the actual questions been posted anywhere?

Everyone at my school found it difficult for a C4 too - including my further maths class
I accidentally wrote my answer to 9(i) in the box for 8(ii) continued, and my answer to 9(ii) in the box for 9(i) - I hope that makes sense! I realised this and didn't have time to copy everything out into the correct boxes, but I made it very clear afterwards that I had written in the wrong boxes, so the examiner will know which answer goes with which question. Will I lose marks for this? I'm really hoping the examiner is nice to me!!!
Original post by dtyhbvcgh
I accidentally wrote my answer to 9(i) in the box for 8(ii) continued, and my answer to 9(ii) in the box for 9(i) - I hope that makes sense! I realised this and didn't have time to copy everything out into the correct boxes, but I made it very clear afterwards that I had written in the wrong boxes, so the examiner will know which answer goes with which question. Will I lose marks for this? I'm really hoping the examiner is nice to me!!!

You won't lose marks. It's no problem.
Original post by marioman
You won't lose marks. It's no problem.

That's a relief, thank you! :smile:
Does anyone remember what was the question for question 4?
Reply 358
OMG that was bad. I so want to get into Edinburgh and i don't think i will now....
did anyone find this that bad? I found c3 so much easier and thats saying something. ugh.
Does anyone have a picture of the exam paper ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending