The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP2 Monday 27th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
The way I proved the inductive step was by simplifying the expression and pointing out that each term was rational-- (√2)^(2k) simplifies to 2^k, and the other terms I_(2k+2) / (2k + 1) and 2k(I_2k) are clearly also rational, so the result must be rational.

I could've probably been a bit more descriptive but I was strapped for time (I wanted to go back and tie up some of the loose ends in earlier questions) so I rushed it a bit... hopefully I won't get docked marks for this.
anyone wana take a guess as to how many marks I'll lose for? : IMG_7589.jpg
Original post by Ninji
The way I proved the inductive step was by simplifying the expression and pointing out that each term was rational-- (√2)^(2k) simplifies to 2^k, and the other terms I_(2k+2) / (2k + 1) and 2k(I_2k) are clearly also rational, so the result must be rational.

I could've probably been a bit more descriptive but I was strapped for time (I wanted to go back and tie up some of the loose ends in earlier questions) so I rushed it a bit... hopefully I won't get docked marks for this.

same
For the polar diagram, was it necessary to label P and draw 1/10 pi as a line of symmetry?
Original post by MrZebraCookie
For the polar diagram, was it necessary to label P and draw 1/10 pi as a line of symmetry?

Think they wanted the tangent and general shape, maybe it's max value?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Think they wanted the tangent and general shape, maybe it's max value?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I worked out the tangents but did we need to draw the line of symmetry on the diagram?
Yeah I worked out the tangents but did we need to draw the line of symmetry on the diagram?

I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile

June 2015 had an extremely similar question and the line of symmetry wasn't required on that paper.
Could anyone get hold of the paper and take a picture off it?
Original post by Invest
Could anyone get hold of the paper and take a picture off it?

Which question(s) are you interested in? I remember it fairly well.
Original post by marioman
Which question(s) are you interested in? I remember it fairly well.

The mark allocation for each question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending