The Student Room Group

Does tsr support the #blacklivesmattermovement

Scroll to see replies

xx
Original post by jake4198
Do you know the police officer who shot Alton Sterling was Asian?

Alton sterling wasn't shot by an Asian officer it was the other man Philando Castile
Original post by Playmaker#10
Alton sterling wasn't shot by an Asian officer it was the other man Philando Castile

Maybe we should all get our pitchforks and protest in Chinatown, then.
Maybe we should all get our pitchforks and protest in Chinatown, then.

Well unlike liberals and BLM supporters.

We actually have brains
Okay so you're saying Alton sterling, the man with over 20 offences, who was a registered sex offender and went to prison for 5 years for illegally possessing a fire-arm and selling substances is a "decent black man" ?

I never said Alton Sterling was a decent man, I was merely making a point.
Do you know the police officer who shot Alton Sterling was Asian?

No actually.
Original post by Adamski191
I never said Alton Sterling was a decent man, I was merely making a point.

Well your point makes no sense considering that most of the people that the police men kill are actually criminals who do not obey the law.

If Cops were so evil and corrupt how come you're still alive, why hasn't an officer knocked our door down and killed me or you?
society forum again :angry:
Well your point makes no sense considering that most of the people that the police men kill are actually criminals who do not obey the law.

If Cops were so evil and corrupt how come you're still alive, why hasn't an officer knocked our door down and killed me or you?

Well I live in the UK, and I suppose you live in the US. That's why.
Completely 100% against anyone who thinks that killing innocent officers is somehow advocacy and a form of protest.

The Black Lives Matter has condemned the murder of the officers. That's like blaming all Leave voters for the murder of Jo Cox. This guy was probably mentally ill.
Original post by elizah
The Black Lives Matter has condemned the murder of the officers. That's like blaming all Leave voters for the murder of Jo Cox. This guy was probably mentally ill.

Deray hasn't and he's the leader.

[video="youtube;b-dr_IhQu-I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dr_IhQu-I[/video]
I support it.

All lives matter, which means Black lives also matter. Which is what the movement should be looking to point out.

However what happened today with the shooting of the policemen was wrong. Like I said All lives matter, and we shouldn't ignore other groups, only look to give equal importance to the lives of all groups of people.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Pssssssstttt....

Spoiler

Oh come on that would be too sensible.

I see BLM condemned the killings soon after.
(edited 7 years ago)
Deray hasn't and he's the leader.

[video="youtube;b-dr_IhQu-I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dr_IhQu-I[/video]

https://twitter.com/deray/status/751304937947205632
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/751273784561135616?ref_src=twsrc %5Etfw
https://twitter.com/culturejedi/status/751276974337716225?ref_src=twsrc %5Etfw

They have. Try educating yourself about the issue before you argue against it.
BLM were very much for calling those who flew or supported those who flew the Confederate Flag a racist.
What's to stop me from now saying that every BLM member is a cop killer or that the killer represents the movement?
That's the kind of rubbish that pops from the side of the BLM. People still saying that Micah isn't real because he blew up or because there were no searches.
As I said, it is slowly turning into a violent version of the feminism movement.
Original post by 999tigger
Oh come on that would be too sensible.

Naaa... It's just BTEC TSRing

it's not thaaat simple :biggrin:
Yes. I support it.

Original post by elizah
That's like blaming all Leave voters for the murder of Jo Cox.

:congrats:
Well unlike liberals and BLM supporters.

We actually have brains

Would you quit it with the sweeping generalisations?
On Twitter I have seen no one actaually applaud the death of the police officers. In fact some of the most adamant protesters of the killings of those black men came out to say they didn't condone the killings of the police officers.
In fact it hasn't even been proven yet that the killer was a member of BLM. You have no proof. And no, BLM saying they hate the police isn't proof.

If people make generalisations about how right wingers are all racist, homophobic xenophobes I bet you'd be against that.

So you're saying him sending out a tweet that states "prayers for everyone" for a protest his organisation started is him condemning it?

Plus, where was his response to his followers saying "what do we want, dead cops" ?

You educate yourself and stop looking at stupid tweets
I believe all lives matter. Can't believe some people think that's racist. Out of all the people who have been shot this year by police, about 25% were black. Do the 75% not matter? On June 25th, a 19 year old unarmed white male was shot by police. Where were the cries then? I genuinely believe black lives matter is racist and does not put any consideration into anyone else's suffering. All police murders need to stop, not just black ones.

Quick Reply

Latest