The Student Room Group

If a guy says 'let me know if you need any dissertation help'. Is he just being polit

I have a guy in my group at uni who I've always found a bit unfriendly, bordering on mean. We went out to celebrate qualifying and he said when I was leaving to let him know if I need any tips for writing my dissertation and researching it. I'm not sure if he was just being polite and doesn't actually want me to take him up on the offer or if he meant it and would actually rather I did contact him. I was a bit drunk so he had to say bye twice and both times mentioned helping me with my study. I always thought he wAsnt keen on me so I presumed he was just being polite. He seemed genuine in his offer but I'm not sure if this is on par with a guy saying 'I'll call you' after a date and knowing that means they never will call.

I actually don't need help with my dissertation but I would like to stay in contact.
Sounds possibly genuine. However why would you want to stay in contact with someone you before found unfriendly :/
he wants to shag you
Reply 3
Original post by GlitterandGold-x
Sounds possibly genuine. However why would you want to stay in contact with someone you before found unfriendly :/

I always felt it was because he was awkward and shy with me and it came off as mean. He has a girlfriend and has shown no romantic interest but I seemed to intimidate him slightly and he came off as cold. But essentially I think he's a good guy.
By that he meant "netflix and chill".
He's interested. the help is a peace offering.
Reply 6
He has a girlfriend and I don't think he's interested in me romantically. He has Never flirted with me in the slightest.'he definetly doesn't want to sleep with me. I'm sure he's loyal to his partner.
Original post by Anonymous
I always felt it was because he was awkward and shy with me and it came off as mean. He has a girlfriend and has shown no romantic interest but I seemed to intimidate him slightly and he came off as cold. But essentially I think he's a good guy.

Oh, fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending