The Student Room Group

Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub

http://news.sky.com/story/mass-shooting-in-florida-nightclub-report-10511953

Up to 17 people have been shot at a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida, according to US media reports.There are conflicting reports about casualties.The shooting took place at Club Blu in the early hours of Monday morning, according to Lt. Jim Mulligan of the Lee County Sheriff's Office.The incident is thought to have taken place during a 'teen night' at the club, with some of the people at the event as young as 13.Unclear if it is terrorism related.
Reply 1
At least two casualties reported so far
Was the shooter targeting the club and the people inside it, or maybe someone in the car park at the time.

It seems to me to be the latter.
Reply 3
Terrible, just terrible unfortunately this will happen indefinitely until they tighten their gun laws countries like us, NZL and Aussie have had none since tightening them.
Reply 4
Original post by Napp
Terrible, just terrible unfortunately this will happen indefinitely until they tighten their gun laws countries like us, NZL and Aussie have had none since tightening them.

IKR, just like Munich, right? And France, Belgium etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Arkasia

1] France,Germany and Belgium have far laxer gun laws than the UK, you can happily buy rifles,shotguns
2] Other European countries have even laxer ones and once you get one in one of them its not hard to move it through europe
3] again with the ease of movement, eastern europe is awash with illegal military weapons and are easy to obtain and move.
Reply 6
Original post by Napp

Taiwan has had a complete gun ban for about 100 years and they have a similar gun death ratio to somewhere like Finland where semi-automatic weapons have been legal to own for about 100 years as long as you pass background checks.

Germany has a complete ban on 18 year olds owning firearms and yet the Munich shooter (a socially awkward, bullied paper boy) was able to obtain a glock-17+300 rounds of ammunition illegally and shoot innocents anyway.

Gun laws only keep weapons out of the hands of legal law abiding citizens, terrorists and criminals do not follow gun laws and they never have done.
Original post by Arkasia

You're not allowed to say that. :colonhash:
Original post by Napp

Guns have too much of a presence in the US to make further restrictions, or even an outright ban, effective. Anyone who seriously wants to get their hands on a gun will be able to do so through the black market. It will be as easy as getting cannabis here in the UK; we know it's illegal, but it's a piece of piss to get.
Reply 9
All of this terrible news makes me so sad to be a part of this world. I am also truly scared.
Reply 10
Original post by jake4198
Guns have too much of a presence in the US to make further restrictions, or even an outright ban, effective. Anyone who seriously wants to get their hands on a gun will be able to do so through the black market. It will be as easy as getting cannabis here in the UK; we know it's illegal, but it's a piece of piss to get.

Indeed I dont disagree, if you know your way aound the cities in particular here getting a pistol is as easy as buying some lollies.
Mmm it is a problem, they have the guns by decree to stop the government doing such things its somewhat of a catch 22.
I did read a book, the tuner diaries [terrible thing but i was curious] and aside from being beyond racist it did detail the US taking peoples guns and the outcome id say is pretty accurate.
Reply 11
Original post by remiremi
Taiwan has had a complete gun ban for about 100 years and they have a similar gun death ratio to somewhere like Finland where semi-automatic weapons have been legal to own for about 100 years as long as you pass background checks.

Germany has a complete ban on 18 year olds owning firearms and yet the Munich shooter (a socially awkward, bullied paper boy) was able to obtain a glock-17+300 rounds of ammunition illegally and shoot innocents anyway.

Gun laws only keep weapons out of the hands of legal law abiding citizens, terrorists and criminals do not follow gun laws and they never have done.

Its hardly tricky to get a gun illegally im afraid, they're commonas dirt especially on the continent so im not sure what point you are making?

I dont disagree with that im all for loosening our gun laws, the occasional mad man does not seem to justify the restrictions on ordinary citizens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending