The Student Room Group

Freshers 2023 events (under 18)

I’ll be 17 during freshers, along with many other Scottish students. For English universities, the freshers events all say 18+ very clearly on the event website. However, for Scottish freshers events there’s no age restriction stated. Will I be allowed entry just no drinking? Or not because they’re in nightclubs and licensing restrictions?
Reply 1
Depends but at RHUL last year no entry for any of the events where there was an alcohol licence - which meant a lot of them were inaccessible for a 17 year old.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Depends but at RHUL last year no entry for any of the events where there was an alcohol licence - which meant a lot of them were inaccessible for a 17 year old.

Yeah, at English universities the companies selling the tickets have it stated that it’s over 18 only but they don’t have it for Scottish universities which is why I’m quite confused
Reply 3
It wasn’t just the companies selling the tickets - even campus based events at the SU and the onsite nightclub were inaccessible (you had to show your SU ID!) It really had a negative effect on Freshers week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending