The Student Room Group

If I delete my snapchat account will I still appear on people's friend lists?

I recently made a nee snapchat because I didn't like my old username and I want to delet my old snapchat, but I'm worried that it will still come up on other people's friends lists and people might try to send me snapchats that I will never see? I've added all my close friends on my new snapchat but still sometimes I get snapchats from other people. Does anyone know what will happen when I do this or have any experience with this?
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
I recently made a nee snapchat because I didn't like my old username and I want to delet my old snapchat, but I'm worried that it will still come up on other people's friends lists and people might try to send me snapchats that I will never see? I've added all my close friends on my new snapchat but still sometimes I get snapchats from other people. Does anyone know what will happen when I do this or have any experience with this?

As long as you actually delete the account, and not just the app, the account should no longer show up on your friends' snapchat contact list and they will not be able to send snapchats to it. Hope this helps!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
As long as you actually delete the account, and not just the app, the account should no longer show up on your friends' snapchat contact list and they will not be able to send snapchats to it. Hope this helps!

Thank you! I'll try and delete it now
Reply 3
did this work in the end? I want to start a new snapchat too because I also hate my old username
Original post by 123will
did this work in the end? I want to start a new snapchat too because I also hate my old username

I think so, I'm not certain though, I asked one of my friends about it but she'd deleted my old account from her contacts
Reply 5
Is there a way to deactivate a snapchat account without really deleting it or losing my friends on it? I want to do like a social media cleanse and delete everything, but I don't want to fully delete my accounts. I know instagram and facebook you can deactivate it for a certain amount of days or time, but I'm just scared that with snapchat it won't work. I don't want to make a new account with snapchat or lose my friends, just deactivate it for awhile.

Latest

Trending

Trending