The Student Room Group

Snapchat recents

A girl my boyfriend used to talk to was second in his recents this week. We’ve been together for 6 months and he only stopped talking to her a couple weeks before they got together. The reason I found out about was she was in his Snapchat best friends a week or two into our relationship, and he lied claiming he didn’t know who she was. I had to search his social media accounts and found he liked and commented on all her posts and confront him before he admitted who she was. He’s adamant he hasn’t contacted her since then and doesn’t know how she’s in his recents. Has this happened to anyone before? Can people you haven’t snapped in 6 months suddenly appear at the top of your recents?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
A girl my boyfriend used to talk to was second in his recents this week. We’ve been together for 6 months and he only stopped talking to her a couple weeks before they got together. The reason I found out about was she was in his Snapchat best friends a week or two into our relationship, and he lied claiming he didn’t know who she was. I had to search his social media accounts and found he liked and commented on all her posts and confront him before he admitted who she was. He’s adamant he hasn’t contacted her since then and doesn’t know how she’s in his recents. Has this happened to anyone before? Can people you haven’t snapped in 6 months suddenly appear at the top of your recents?

Sounds like he isn't being truthful. He doesn't sound like a guy you can trust I'm afraid.
Well it depends on how much he uses snapchat...

Yes it can happen !!

If you are not as active on snap your scores don’t move and your recents stay the Same too or if you only snap one or two people then that can also show recents from a while back, usually it’s within the top 3... she may of been one of his top recents from a few months ago that’s if he’s only talking to one or two people currently if not then he’s lying so it can go both ways...

But then again I feel as if he may be lying tbh even tho she may a top recent from months the fact you saw he had liked all her pic and commented on all her pics may mean they were close and possibly still talk ...
Reply 3
No he’s adamant that they haven’t spoken since September but her name was above people who I know he snapped a few days earlier. Can people just appear at the top of your recents when you haven’t snapped them recently?
Reply 4
Original post by pinkqueen
Well it depends on how much he uses snapchat...

Yes it can happen !!

If you are not as active on snap your scores don’t move and your recents stay the Same too or if you only snap one or two people then that can also show recents from a while back, usually it’s within the top 3... she may of been one of his top recents from a few months ago that’s if he’s only talking to one or two people currently if not then he’s lying so it can go both ways...

But then again I feel as if he may be lying tbh even tho she may a top recent from months the fact you saw he had liked all her pic and commented on all her pics may mean they were close and possibly still talk ...

No that’s not it, her name was above people who I know he snapped a few days earlier, yet he’s adamant they’ve not talked since September. Can people just appear at the top of your recents when you haven’t snapped them recently?
People may show up in your recents in Snapchat could mean people that have added you in the past, even if you did not accept
Girl the **** he’s lying to your face dump him
If someone from 164w ago appears on my recents is it because they tried messaging me? Or could this be a glitch? I'm thinking maybe the other person was
This is what I’m trying to figure out tbh there’s a girl in my bf recents the 4th from the top and he swears he hasn’t texted her it says they’re friends but in the chat it says chats pending till she adds him back as a friend ... does this mean she’s in his recents cause he added her as a friend
Original post by Anonymous
No he’s adamant that they haven’t spoken since September but her name was above people who I know he snapped a few days earlier. Can people just appear at the top of your recents when you haven’t snapped them recently?

It would be impossible. There’s no way she would just reappear.
Original post by Paige.millie
This is what I’m trying to figure out tbh there’s a girl in my bf recents the 4th from the top and he swears he hasn’t texted her it says they’re friends but in the chat it says chats pending till she adds him back as a friend ... does this mean she’s in his recents cause he added her as a friend

Sounds like he panicked and unadded her then added her again.
Yes, my ex bf from 6 months ago is still on my recents even though we aren’t even Snapchat friends anymore.
Mystery for Super SnapChat Experts:

I was blocked by my ex about a month ago. Everything was gone including our chat from recent chats.

Today I had a red notification showing and clicked the app and there was nothing new showing but I noticed my ex was now showing up in recent chats again.

But I’m still completely blocked. They’re not in my friends list. I have to search with another account to add them as a friend and their actual bitmoji doesn’t show by their thread in recent chats.

I cleared my cache to see if that was somehow the reason they resurfaced in recent chats but my ex is still showing in recent chats.

My guess is my ex unblocked me and then re-blocked me but does anybody think they have a good idea on what happened?
It's not like that it's happening with me too.People that I haven't talked with in months are showing in recents
Okay someone that my boyfriend was friends with came up in his recents recently but when you open her chat she disappears and goes back to the bottom. They haven’t talked for months now. But she’s still there. Like 4th-6th from top. She hasn’t had him added for awhile now (before we were dating she unadded him) but she showed up, they’re still not friends on snap. I tested out seeing if maybe he tried texting her but they wouldn’t go through but I realized it would’ve said messages are pending, I’ve exhausted every theory possible and I just can’t figure out what it is, so does anyone know what it could possibly be?
Reply 15
Actually. Yes. This has happened to me so many times. Snapchat is sensitive or something because you can literally just view their story And they will end up in your recents or it could be from them adding you back months ago and you won’t even be texting this person but they’ll pop up in your recents. My suggestion is to just download his snapchat data, on a computer if you can I’ve never tried it on a phone before but the data will tell you if they’ve been texting each other
Really? So it shows everyone ? That he’s had or talked to ?
This happened to me today but instead I was the one who blocked the guy and I showed up in his recents. I’ve not unblocked him since blocking him in august yet I showed up on top of everyone in his recent chats? Beats me as to why this happened yet I’m getting blamed for it
Reply 18
Happens to me a lot, especially when I post a Story. I saw a correlation between the people having seen it and showing on top of my "recents". My theory is that when someone check your profile, say, maybe after seeing a story of you and wondering what the heck happened to you the past decade, and check your profile, Snapchat considers that a "Recent interaction" with you. Maybe that person also opened up the messaging window by mistake or straight up chickened out. Got to test it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
Does unfriending someone cause them to appear in your recents?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending