The Student Room Group

Do you get hangovers?

Poll

Do you get hangovers?

I've never gotten a hangover before, which is surprising considering how much of a lightweight I am. Nevertheless it's fun watching my mates suffer the next morning!

What about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Either no effects or I get slightly dizzy/nauseous, but never had a hangover.
If you don't get hangovers, youre not drinking enough! Seriously though, everybody will get a hangover if they drink enough. Nobody is immune to the toxic effect alcohol has on the body though some can tolerate it better than others. I wouldn't say I get them worse than anyone else.
(edited 7 years ago)
I get them EVERY time I drink :cry: even if I barely drink anything. My last one was horrendous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only had the one when I was a teenager but I've delibrately tried to avoid being drunk the past couple of years.
i get hung over without alcohol

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
i get hung over without alcohol

Spoiler

Natural hangovers? I'd like to know your secrets.
Original post by UWS
Natural hangovers? I'd like to know your secrets.

skittles
diet coke
massive meals like curry then midnight feasts and staying up l8 with friends (5am lol)
= hungover in morning

Spoiler

I wake up at 7am regardless of what time I went to sleep the night before, and am SO thirsty like throat completely dry and I practically crawl to the kitchen to get water, then I get back to sleep till like 10.
So bizarre this happens every time I drink, but now I've learnt to put some water next to my bed before I go on a night out so its there ready for me :smile:
Reply 9
skittles
diet coke
massive meals like curry then midnight feasts and staying up l8 with friends (5am lol)
= hungover in morning

Spoiler

What if your coke actually has vodka in it?
Original post by UWS
What if your coke actually has vodka in it?

it doesn't

Spoiler

Reply 11
it doesn't

Spoiler

Lol Chemistry is not my strong point but I guess it has to be in somewhere for you to get hangovers

Or maybe it's your curry, maybe someone cooked it in wine :O
Original post by UWS
Lol Chemistry is not my strong point but I guess it has to be in somewhere for you to get hangovers
Or maybe it's your curry, maybe someone cooked it in wine :O

:lol:
:erm:

Spoiler

Reply 13
:lol:
:erm:

Spoiler

I sound like airport security now but do you cook your own food, sir?
skittles
diet coke
= hungover in morning

Spoiler

Not trying to sound like an internet expert and all that but I remember a while ago reading about a guy who couldn't metabolise sugar properly or something like that and he would get hangovers if he ate too much chocolate etc. Maybe worth looking into.
Original post by UWS
I sound like airport security now but do you cook your own food, sir?

did but I'm striking from cooking because its the holidays lol :tongue:
Original post by Smack
Not trying to sound like an internet expert and all that but I remember a while ago reading about a guy who couldn't metabolise sugar properly or something like that and he would get hangovers if he ate too much chocolate etc. Maybe worth looking into.

lol ok thanks Monsieur

Spoiler

Yeah I get them occasionally. I've only had a handful of unbearable "I'm never drinking again!" hangovers. They are usually mild and pass after a couple of hours or a good breakfast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only ever been hungover once and that's only because I'd been drinking literally everything and anything the night before. I'm usually fine though
Reply 19
It's quite bitter but depends what you get, there's all different kinds of tastes tbh..

Quick Reply

Latest