The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath Freshers Megathread 2016

A big congratulations to those that are going to the university!

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Hellooo,
So excited, just had my place confirmed to study Engineering with integrated design!! Can't wait to meet everyone 😁👍🏻
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Hannah110
Hellooo,
So excited, just had my place confirmed to study Engineering with integrated design!! Can't wait to meet everyone 😁👍🏻

Congratulations! I'm a current student studying Engineering. Let me know if you have any questions about the department or the Uni!
Thank you, really appreciate it, just a bit overwhelmed with it all right now, can't quite believe I got in. Any idea how long after results day you find out what accommodation you've got, I put my first as Norwood (despite the above SU noise thing 😂)
Hannah
Original post by jubjamie
Congratulations! I'm a current student studying Engineering. Let me know if you have any questions about the department or the Uni!
Reply 4
Original post by Hannah110
Thank you, really appreciate it, just a bit overwhelmed with it all right now, can't quite believe I got in. Any idea how long after results day you find out what accommodation you've got, I put my first as Norwood (despite the above SU noise thing 😂)
Hannah

After looking through my emails I recieved mine on the 20th of August which was a wednesday. However, my results day was a bit earlier than yours. I would expect it in about a week. Assuming that Bath was your first choice, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting into Norwood as it's not the most oversubscribed hall (I don't think). But you are really close to the department building. (Like, really really close!)
hello! got in as my insurance to study chemistry with management, looking to put a couple feelers out before freshers. My interests include history, politics, videogames and food and drink. looking forward to meeting you all, let me know if there are any chat groups or anything
Reply 6
Economics and Maths anyone ? I'll be a fresher this year hope to know more friends.
Hullo
I'm relieved to have got the grades I need for my offer. :badger:
Anyone else on here doing NatSci?
So so pleased I got the grades to do economics!!
But I haven't had any emails from the uni at all confirming my place or anything about accommodation, is it worth ringing up to check if I don't get an email today?
Original post by lizzie3045
So so pleased I got the grades to do economics!!
But I haven't had any emails from the uni at all confirming my place or anything about accommodation, is it worth ringing up to check if I don't get an email today?

I haven't gotten any emails either! Not sure if it's because they're still processing clearing etc., I'm gonna give it a few days - if you do ring up today, could you tell me what they say? :colondollar:
Congrats on your place!! I'm studying biomedical sciences
Original post by granteire
I haven't gotten any emails either! Not sure if it's because they're still processing clearing etc., I'm gonna give it a few days - if you do ring up today, could you tell me what they say? :colondollar:
Congrats on your place!! I'm studying biomedical sciences

Hiya!

I hav also applied for Biomedical sciences as a firm at bath. My offer too has not been confirmed yet. I'm waiting till GCSE results day tho
Original post by 08.f.poswal
Hiya!

I hav also applied for Biomedical sciences as a firm at bath. My offer too has not been confirmed yet. I'm waiting till GCSE results day tho

Ahh I just got mine a few hours ago so yours should come in soon! Still waiting on accomodation though, but they say that could be up to September 5th
Got in for architecture, no idea how though
Really looking forward to being able to use the Edge building studios to paint. Any other artists?
Most social accomodation??
Reply 14
Any physics people??? Come on!!!! Who doesnt love particle smashy things!!!???

Also does anyone have any cool ideas for doing stuff in freshers??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rioburrage
Really looking forward to being able to use the Edge building studios to paint. Any other artists?

There's an artist here! Not officially though, it's been confined to my spare time since GCSE :L Still, I've spent the last 2 days painting non-stop. Basically all i've been doing all summer.
Reply 16

Hey, I got in for architecture too! I'm not much of a painter though and I expect most of my time will be spent in the architecture studio anyway haha.
Original post by the cob
Any physics people??? Come on!!!! Who doesnt love particle smashy things!!!???

Also does anyone have any cool ideas for doing stuff in freshers??

Another Physics one over here! Well... Physics with Astrophysics. See you in september :smile:
Reply 18

Oh yes, just finished A-level art, I must be mad to want to do more!?
Original post by granteire
Ahh I just got mine a few hours ago so yours should come in soon! Still waiting on accomodation though, but they say that could be up to September 5th

Yay!!! My place was confirmed today!!!

Quick Reply

Latest