The Student Room Group

Nine refugees accused of Austria gang rape, stoking election fears

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This will not only create waves in Austria. The victim was a German woman, and the two countries and cultures are closely entwined, Hitler was an Austrian after all.

Germany had a very large, badly assimilated Muslim immigrant underclass before Merkel's act of insanity last year. France gets all the headlines at the moment but we may see the conflict between Europe and Islam gaining traction east of the Rhine before too long.

Something to look forward to.
Hopefully the Austrian Nasty party will win a landslide, rather that than the lefties bending over backward to be shafted by these economic migrants. It is also about time the liars in Westminster triggered clause 50, so we can start throwing out these baby raping migrants.
Original post by generallee
This will not only create waves in Austria. The victim was a German woman, and the two countries and cultures are closely entwined, Hitler was an Austrian after all.

Germany had a very large, badly assimilated Muslim immigrant underclass before Merkel's act of insanity last year. France gets all the headlines at the moment but we may see the conflict between Europe and Islam gaining traction east of the Rhine before too long.

Something to look forward to.

Merkel's "act of insanity" mitigated the problem from being isolated to Greece and Italy. We would be in a much worse world if these two countries alone had to take the full migrant influx.
Reply 4
Original post by Mathemagicien
Nine men have been arrested in Austria on suspicion of gang-raping a 28-year-old German woman on January 1, after nearly eight months of what Austrian police called a “protracted and difficult” investigation before the arrest were made.

However, in a completely unforeseen turn of events, all nine men turned out to be all either asylum seekers, or recently granted asylum.

The arrest of the nine refugees comes as Austria’s anti-immigrant, evil, psychotic, far-right, neo-Nazi, racist, bigoted, xenophobic, baby-eating, ultra-nationalist, fascist, islamophobic, politically incorrect, offensive, unsympathetic, nasty Freedom Party seeks to over-turn the result of June’s presidential election after mounting a successful legal challenge to pave the way for a re-run on October 2.

Sensible people are worried that these evil people will gain vote share from this cultural misunderstanding; unfortunately, their fears seem well-founded, after news websites in Austria reported that some readers went so far as to demand that the refugees be “immediately deported” if they are convicted of the rape.

Sweden's Police Chief, Dan Eliasson, criticised the Austrian police's "waste of resources", suggesting that the investigators would do more good handing out "don't rape me pretty please" bracelets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/15/nine-refugees-accused-of-austria-gang-rape-stoking-election-fear/

News is from a few days ago, but not posted here before

Easy solution.

Mainstream parties actually do what a large part of the populace want, and curb mass refugeeism (I won't call it immigration because I don't have anything against immigration between EU countries, and these people are not immigrants, they are refugees and economic migrants).

I would never dream of voting for a far right wing party, however I am seriously considering it for this very reason. The mainstream parties have to react. They cannot not react and then afterwards cry about a "rightward shift" going through Europe.
Reply 5
Original post by alevelstresss
Merkel's "act of insanity" mitigated the problem from being isolated to Greece and Italy. We would be in a much worse world if these two countries alone had to take the full migrant influx.

So now that the problem is spread across many European countries, instead of in just one or two where it could have been more easily managed, that's somehow better?
Original post by Wōden
So now that the problem is spread across many European countries, instead of in just one or two where it could have been more easily managed, that's somehow better?

Do you really think the suffering economies of Italy and Greece could take 1.6 million migrants between them and the problem would be 'more easily managed'? Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of them cause no problems.
Nine men have been arrested in Austria on suspicion of gang-raping a 28-year-old German woman on January 1, after nearly eight months of what Austrian police called a “protracted and difficult” investigation before the arrest were made.

However, in a completely unforeseen turn of events, all nine men turned out to be all either asylum seekers, or recently granted asylum.

The arrest of the nine refugees comes as Austria’s anti-immigrant, evil, psychotic, far-right, neo-Nazi, racist, bigoted, xenophobic, baby-eating, ultra-nationalist, fascist, islamophobic, politically incorrect, offensive, unsympathetic, nasty Freedom Party seeks to over-turn the result of June’s presidential election after mounting a successful legal challenge to pave the way for a re-run on October 2.

Sensible people are worried that these evil people will gain vote share from this cultural misunderstanding; unfortunately, their fears seem well-founded, after news websites in Austria reported that some readers went so far as to demand that the refugees be “immediately deported” if they are convicted of the rape.

Sweden's Police Chief, Dan Eliasson, criticised the Austrian police's "waste of resources", suggesting that the investigators would do more good handing out "don't rape me pretty please" bracelets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/15/nine-refugees-accused-of-austria-gang-rape-stoking-election-fear/

News is from a few days ago, but not posted here before

9 men RAPED a woman, I don't see how that's a cultural misunderstanding of any kind. They behaved like animals and didn't take no for an answer
Reply 8
Original post by Wōden

Not that I am for mass refugeeism or in support of that other user, but admit it, you are just mad that all of them didn't get stuck on the outside borders, Greece and Italy.

Much like the EU itself was. Italy has had a problem for years. The EU never gave a ****. Imagine if they had built proper structures years ago. But they were all happy that it was Italy and not them.
Let's hope the Freedom Party gets in and triggers a far-right surge across Europe. Far-right is the way to go.

From Germany's point of view it was insane and Germans will be cursing her not just over the next few years but into the next generation.

And from the word's point of view it was a terrible error. It has just encouraged more economic migration from the third world to the first. Great for those migrants individually but a source of conflict, war and fascism globally.

The only answer is for the developed world to pay Italy and Greece big bucks to create huge long term holding camps for the immigrants.

Only when they know they are getting anywhere but a camp, will they stop making the journey to the lands of supposed milk and honey.

And that needs a global overhaul of the broken international asylum and refugee system, legally.

The rich countries who pay for it all will have to start showing some balls at the UN and EU level.

Not holding my breath, obviously.
Original post by inhuman
Easy solution.

Mainstream parties actually do what a large part of the populace want, and curb mass refugeeism (I won't call it immigration because I don't have anything against immigration between EU countries, and these people are not immigrants, they are refugees and economic migrants).

I would never dream of voting for a far right wing party, however I am seriously considering it for this very reason. The mainstream parties have to react. They cannot not react and then afterwards cry about a "rightward shift" going through Europe.

What a terrible indictment of the political establishment across Europe that the only people talking any sense about the migrant crisis and Islamism are fascists!

But you are right..
Lol at calling rape a "cultural misunderstanding". Just LOL.
personally I think this influx of hatred towards Islam and migrants is just frustrated people wanting to let off some steam for their own petty problems, and newspapers are well aware of this so there is £££ to be made when writing about all the problems these guys apparently cause
Reply 14
What a terrible indictment of the political establishment across Europe that the only people talking any sense about the migrant crisis and Islamism are fascists!

But you are right..

Yes, it is a terrible indictment.

But it is nevertheless true.

The last elections I did not vote because there was not a single party that I could say "overall they are doing good things". This is still the case, but a big problem has arisen and well there is one party that wants to tackle it...what am I supposed to do? If anything, my vote this time could be a wake up call to the mainstream parties.

It's not that I am against helping refugees. It's that a million in 2015 was just way too much. It's that we can't tiptoe around issues and must make sure they integrate or send them back. But all mainstream parties are way too PC. It's a big problem.
It's a sad situation when this is being seen as an ELECTORAL issue.
Original post by inhuman
Yes, it is a terrible indictment.

But it is nevertheless true.

The last elections I did not vote because there was not a single party that I could say "overall they are doing good things". This is still the case, but a big problem has arisen and well there is one party that wants to tackle it...what am I supposed to do? If anything, my vote this time could be a wake up call to the mainstream parties.

It's not that I am against helping refugees. It's that a million in 2015 was just way too much. It's that we can't tiptoe around issues and must make sure they integrate or send them back. But all mainstream parties are way too PC. It's a big problem.

It is a big problem.

Brexit was a manifestation of it. Europe was used as a proxy for the electorate to beat the establishment parties over the head with a stick because of their failure to confront immigration and Islamism.

I wouldn't count out Trump either. He is another manifestation. Would anyone be really surprised if he won?

We have elections in Germany and France next year. Fascist success anyone?

It seems easier to be politically correct and let all the Muslim immigrants in. Less contentious. But it is coming back to bite the political class and the elites big stylee...
It is a big problem.

Brexit was a manifestation of it. Europe was used as a proxy for the electorate to beat the establishment parties over the head with a stick because of their failure to confront immigration and Islamism.

I wouldn't count out Trump either. He is another manifestation. Would anyone be really surprised if he won?

We have elections in Germany and France next year. Fascist success anyone?

It seems easier to be politically correct and let all the Muslim immigrants in. Less contentious. But it is coming back to bite the political class and the elites big stylee...

It is pretty hilarious that these communities, which have been left behind by globalisation and have suffering economies / infrastructure, who voted majorly for Brexit, will actually suffer the most from it. Racists really do play themselves nowadays.
It is pretty hilarious that these communities, which have been left behind by globalisation and have suffering economies / infrastructure, who voted majorly for Brexit, will actually suffer the most from it. Racists really do play themselves nowadays.

So says the spoilt rich kid whose school sent him on a trip to the foothills of the Himalayas!

You have no idea about how those "left behind" by globalisation (in the patronising middle class lefty jargon) feel. None at all.

But one thing is for sure, they are better placed to make their own political decisions than you are for them.
Reply 19

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending