The Student Room Group

Too late for clearing?

I achieved the grades ABC and settled for a place at Aston to do accounting. I'm from birmingham so I would commute from home to the uni. However, I've totally changed my mind about living at home and really want to move away. But all the unis who have courses in clearing now aren't as good as aston and I don't want to go to a worse uni and spend all that money just for the experience and no job prospects.
Does anyone know of any good unis who still have places in clearing?
Also, if I was to remark the B and achieve AAC, do you think that I could call up unis and ask despite them stating that clearing is closed?
Original post by loooopppyyy
You will possibly struggle.

First you would need to 'politely' ask Ashton to release you so you could go into clearing, then if they were happy to do this, it can take upto 2 weeks if they don't process things quickly before you can even get your clearing status/code to speak to other Universities.

Also edited to add that once you go through all this and manage to get a place at another University, you would be late applying for accomodation, so will probably have to settle for the least desirable places/rooms and on top of this you would also have to do a 'change of circumstances' with your student finance which can take ..... well ......

FML :frown:
Original post by queenofdarkness
FML :frown:

If the only issue is moving out/leaving home then why can't you just look into moving into student accommodation even if it is your home town? If none is available immediately then it might be possible after term starts and people drop out etc.
Original post by AmyPilot
If the only issue is moving out/leaving home then why can't you just look into moving into student accommodation even if it is your home town? If none is available immediately then it might be possible after term starts and people drop out etc.

Tbh I'm sick of this city in general. I've only really started thinking about it properly now that its too late (which was a stupid thing to do) but I really can't live here for 4 years *sigh*
Tbh I'm sick of this city in general. I've only really started thinking about it properly now that its too late (which was a stupid thing to do) but I really can't live here for 4 years *sigh*

If it's that bad maybe its worth a bit of research and a few phone calls for clearing places - alternatively a gap year and re-apply elsewhere for next year if you don't like Aston? No point in sticking out 4 years being miserable. Good luck whatever you decide.
please see my message by pm
Reply 6
I achieved the grades ABC and settled for a place at Aston to do accounting. I'm from birmingham so I would commute from home to the uni. However, I've totally changed my mind about living at home and really want to move away. But all the unis who have courses in clearing now aren't as good as aston and I don't want to go to a worse uni and spend all that money just for the experience and no job prospects.
Does anyone know of any good unis who still have places in clearing?
Also, if I was to remark the B and achieve AAC, do you think that I could call up unis and ask despite them stating that clearing is closed?

Or take a gap year and apply for entry in 2017. Then you can do your research properly and not have to make a rushed, and probably compromised, decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending