The Student Room Group

Student finance if applying through clearing

Hi, I have been rejected/declined my offers from university as I want to change my course and apply through clearing. Am I allowed to apply to student finance now or do I have to wait until results day?
Original post by will0e
Hi, I have been rejected/declined my offers from university as I want to change my course and apply through clearing. Am I allowed to apply to student finance now or do I have to wait until results day?

Have you not applied for student finance already?
If so, I would try to start an application now, at least set up your SFE account and start entering your details. This late in the game it's fairly likely you won't have the first payments through at the usual time.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Have you not applied for student finance already?
If so, I would try to start an application now, at least set up your SFE account and start entering your details. This late in the game it's fairly likely you won't have the first payments through at the usual time.

I hadn't as I was thinking of doing a gap year but changed my mind- I've just applied now, hopefully it won't be too late lol. Thanks for letting me know! My school wasn't too useful at letting me know about this if you can't tell.
Just put your best guess for the course/university you hope to go to through clearing in your application. It’s easy easy enough to swap it to a different course and university if you end up going somewhere else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending