The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think that you should confront him and talk to him about the fact that he is married yet has a tinder account. If he refuses to discuss the issue or inform your mother then you should inform her. Its possible that they are both unhappy in their relationship or your father may admit to making a mistake and move on.I hope for the best and happiest mutual outcome.Good luckx
I was very close to just letting this slide and not bringing it up, pretending I'd never seen this but seeing what you guys have written here I'm doubting that, and thinking about this in my mums perspective.
I think I'm going to casually bring it up to my dad and ask him why he has a tinder acocunt. The problem is my mum is also downstairs right now
Why do I get the feeling that this isn't really.........true? I am a sceptical person....but I somehow feel this is a made up story...... :colonhash:
This potentially is the makings of a divorce. Good luck OP

If you're over 18, I suggest forgetting the consequences you'll face in order to help your mum because your dad may be cheating. I hate cheaters.

Alternatively, wait for your dad to say something. Make a fake profile if he doesn't. Get proof then ask your dad what he was doing because s***'s gonna get real and life is going to hit you like a tone of brick phones.

Or literally don't say anything and hope that your parent's marriage resolves itself. It's too much pressure for a child to have to fix a marriage.
Keep us updated, this is juicy.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
What do I do? I'm so embarrassed I can't even face him right now. He's downstairs right now
Convince me you're telling the truth.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Why do I get the feeling that this isn't really...true? I am a sceptical person...but I somehow feel this is a made up story...
Ditto

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
This potentially is the makings of a divorce. Good luck OP

If you're over 18, I suggest forgetting the consequences you'll face in order to help your mum because your dad may be cheating. I hate cheaters.

Alternatively, wait for your dad to say something. Make a fake profile if he doesn't. Get proof then ask your dad what he was doing because s***'s gonna get real and life is going to hit you like a tone of brick phones.

Or literally don't say anything and hope that your parent's marriage resolves itself. It's too much pressure for a child to have to fix a marriage.

I really want to just let it side, I don't think my dad has been acting suspicious lately, but I keep thinking what if something IS going on. Do you think their marriage will be okay just by giving it time? I don't want to be the one that's going to bring about a rift between them
I have been in a similar-ish situation. Just pretend nothing happened. He probably doesn't want to bring it up himself.

Good luck mate. :hugs:
Why do I get the feeling that this isn't really.........true? I am a sceptical person....but I somehow feel this is a made up story...... :colonhash:

And why did you have to go anon to express these concerns?
Original post by L'absurde
I have been in a similar-ish situation. Just pretend nothing happened. He probably doesn't want to bring it up himself.

Good luck mate. :hugs:

How did things work out in your situation?
Ditto

Spoiler

Just doesnt feel right

Why does my identity matter? :colonhash:
It wouldn't be your fault if anything does happen in the marriage. It would be his for using tinder. Talk with him first, though.
Ok what if I ask him why he has tinder tomorrow but make him delete it and promise not to use it again so then I won't tell mum

Original post by 04MR17

Ditto

Spoiler

Just doesn't feel right
Because it isn't right. OP is an actual dupe (confirmed by CT). And see here going on the defensive, trying to avoid confrontation.
How did things work out in your situation?

Well, I caught him cheating...I saw the messages he sent. -__-

My mum ended up forgiving him though. :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
Because it isn't right. OP is an actual dupe (confirmed by CT). And see here going on the defensive, trying to avoid confrontation.

OP is trolling? :s-smilie:
A most benign explanation is that he wanted to see what kind of mischief his daughters were getting up to. You have to set the appropriate age filter to find their profiles, right?
Reply 58
Best thing to do is make a joke of it and ask him about it, in a not serious fashion, with a big smile on when you ask. Please let us know what he says.
(edited 7 years ago)
What do I do? I'm so embarrassed I can't even face him right now. He's downstairs right now

Mate this is something you'll laugh at soon. the question is why was he on tinder? Is he married! You're young most people your age are on Tinder

Latest

Trending

Trending