The Student Room Group

What should I watch for my 1,500th anime?

This poll is closed

What should I watch for my 1,500th anime?

Mirai Nikki Redial 0%
Durarara!!x2 Ten: Gaiden!? 38%
Steins;Gate The Movie 13%
Psycho-Pass Movie 13%
Kino's Journey: Tower Country 13%
None of the above (post suggestions in thread)25%
Total votes: 8

After finishing Jubei-chan 2 earlier, my watched anime list (as recorded on Anime-Planet) stands at 1,499 titles. :proud: I want my 1,500th to be something good, so I turn to TSR to help me decide! :biggrin: Vote fast though, as I want to start watching tomorrow while I have the day off~

I've played it safe with my five poll options, picking specials, OVAs or movies related to series that are already in my all-time Top 50... I have a terrible habit of not going back to watch such extras once their main series have finished. :o: Still, I'm open to other suggestions if you feel there's an obvious gap in my list that needs to be filled - all I ask is that it be relatively short, so I can marathon it before this season's shows all end and one of them takes the spot!

Synopsis links for the five options:

Mirai Nikki Redial
Durarara!!x2 Ten: Gaiden!?
Steins;Gate The Movie
Psycho-Pass Movie
Kino's Journey: Tower Country

Coming soon(?) - What should I watch for my 20,000th episode? :iiam:
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you ever watched Gintama?
EDIT: Never mind, it's way too long :tongue:
I wish to have watched as many anime as you one day...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LifeIsFine
Have you ever watched Gintama?
EDIT: Never mind, it's way too long :tongue:
I wish to have watched as many anime as you one day...

It's a series I've planned to watch for a while, but never seem to get around to. :o: And I'll admit, its length has a lot to do with that. One day, but not tomorrow. :moon:
sadly i cant make myself sit through some of the worst anime's :frown:

not much i could suggest with a list that impressive. however you could run through the alphabet list of some of the streaming sites and find ones you haven't seen before but that's a lot of work.

(i would peg you at double what I've watched/dropped so far)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It's a series I've planned to watch for a while, but never seem to get around to. :o: And I'll admit, its length has a lot to do with that. One day, but not tomorrow. :moon:

I'm certain it'll go in your top 50 when that day comes :wink:
Spongebob Squarepants
That's what, 6544 hours so far?
Original post by sketchymofo2
sadly i cant make myself sit through some of the worst anime's :frown:

not much i could suggest with a list that impressive. however you could run through the alphabet list of some of the streaming sites and find ones you haven't seen before but that's a lot of work.

(i would peg you at double what I've watched/dropped so far)

I'm not short on things to watch in general, but just fancied watching something awesome for this milestone place. :yes: Starting from A won't guarantee an A* show. :p:
Original post by Christop
That's what, 6544 hours so far?

10 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours and 52 minutes, according to A-P's best estimates. Apparently that's ~7,720 hours, if Ask Numbers can be trusted.
:bump:

'None of the above' currently leads the poll, which possibly says a lot about my taste in anime. :moon: But I'm not seeing any (sensible, short) alternatives mentioned here, that's not how this is supposed to work. :noway:
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh my god. And I thought I had no life! :giggle:
Reply 11
I know this is no help to you but since you've watched so much anime, do you have any great ones you'd recommend?
Original post by Wring
I know this is no help to you but since you've watched so much anime, do you have any great ones you'd recommend?

Here's a few of my all time favourites:

Baccano! - If I had to pick just one anime to call my favourite, it would be this one. Great plot and characters.

Now and Then, Here and There - But only if you're okay with dark and depressing series...

Nichijou - By far the funniest comedy series I've ever watched.

Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo, IN SPACE~ Has a really unique animation style.

Haibane Renmei - Slower-paced than all the above, but very deep for a slice of life show.

I hope that something there is of interest to you; if not, feel free to ask again in TSR's Anime Society with a little more information about the kinds of series you like. :smile:
Looks like the Durarara!! OVA gets it! Thanks to all who voted, and I'm sure I'll get around to the others someday. :p:
Do you watch them in Japanese with subtitles or in Dubbed English?

Or are you fluent in Japanese? :eyebrow:

I've watched both, and every other feature length film that Ghibli have produced (other than Marnie, as I'm waiting for that to come out on BluRay). :yes:

I have to disagree with you on Earthsea though, I thought it was below-average when I first watched it, and abysmal on rewatch after reading the original novels. :yucky:

Original post by The Awakener
Do you watch them in Japanese with subtitles or in Dubbed English?

Or are you fluent in Japanese? :eyebrow:

Definitely subtitles. Though the English dubs for Ghibli films aren't bad, to be fair, since they're handled by Disney.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Prepare yourself, Gintama has probably the worst first 50 episodes by any series ever created.

It takes a LONG time to get going.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Prepare yourself, Gintama has probably the worst first 50 episodes by any series ever created.

It takes a LONG time to get going.

I've watched 50 episode long series that were bad from start to finish; knowing that there's light at the end of the tunnel for this one should be plenty of motivation. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest