The Student Room Group

Are US political parties “Organisationally and ideologically strong"? HELP NOW PLEASE

Hi, Currently trying to answer this 30m.
To break it down I need to answer why and why not US political parties are
organizationally strong and the same for ideologically strong too.
Help pleaseee :smile:
“Organisationally and ideologically strong”, to what extentis this still an accurate description of US political parties? (30m)
It isn't very accurate at all.
Write about both major parties' policies and their histories of enforcing them.
Original post by ValerieKR
It isn't very accurate at all.
Write about both major parties' policies and their histories of enforcing them.

But how and how not are they organized and ideological
Original post by govtandpolitics
But how and how not are they organized and ideological

That's something you've got to research yourself - I've pointed you in the right direction.
Original post by ValerieKR
That's something you've got to research yourself - I've pointed you in the right direction.

But that's why I asked for help, I cant find anything xD
Original post by govtandpolitics
But that's why I asked for help, I cant find anything xD

Look for policies from old elections and compare them to the reality at the end of office.
You don't even need to look very far: see this year's Presidential election for how the Republican 'organisation' couldn't stop Trump becoming the candidate, and how the Democrat policies - which, as in the UK, hardly anyone reads - shifted because of Saunders success.

The reason is money. In the UK, the parties centralise control of the vast bulk of the money and there are tight limits on what individual candidates can spend. Neither is true there, so candidates and sitting representatives can tell the central party organisation to get stuffed.
(edited 7 years ago)
The other reason is lobbying aka legalised bribery.
Reply 8
To me, they're a bunch of clowns and puppets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending