The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Parking space

Hello, next week I am driving to Middlesbrough to start my Erasmus studies at Teesside University and I am starting looking for a private accommodation this week. Unfortunately, I just found out that it is quite complicated to park a car in Middlesbrough and on this page ( http://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2106 ) is written that there are eleven residents parking zones in Middlesbrough which require a resident parking permit to park a car there. The thing is that I won't be able go get a resident parking permit because the car I will be arriving with is registered in non UK country, it belongs to my father and I am not named on his insurance (we don't have such thing as "named drivers" in my home country).
I though about looking for a accommodation to rent which would provide an off street parking space, but would it work? Do you also need a resident parking permit if you park a car off street?
Also, maybe someone knows how big are these eleven parking zones which require resident parking permit. Do they cover all city and surrounding areas of Teesside University?
Reply 1
Original post by domukas00
Hello, next week I am driving to Middlesbrough to start my Erasmus studies at Teesside University and I am starting looking for a private accommodation this week. Unfortunately, I just found out that it is quite complicated to park a car in Middlesbrough and on this page ( http://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2106 ) is written that there are eleven residents parking zones in Middlesbrough which require a resident parking permit to park a car there. The thing is that I won't be able go get a resident parking permit because the car I will be arriving with is registered in non UK country, it belongs to my father and I am not named on his insurance (we don't have such thing as "named drivers" in my home country).
I though about looking for a accommodation to rent which would provide an off street parking space, but would it work? Do you also need a resident parking permit if you park a car off street?
Also, maybe someone knows how big are these eleven parking zones which require resident parking permit. Do they cover all city and surrounding areas of Teesside University?

It's really not complicated to park in at all - there's a multitude of car parks, and a wide array of on-street parking all over the town. It's worth noting that Middlesbrough is NOT a city.

Make sure you have valid insurance for the car before driving in the UK to avoid prosecution.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending