The Student Room Group

Smoking, seizures and dizziness? - Are they linked??

Hi,

So I had a seizure a couple of months ago, only ever had one and awaiting results from my scan/tests. I think I've lost some of my memory since this fit as well :/

Anyway, I'm not a regular smoker, used to have the occasional one but I've been having 2 a day for the past week now. Every time I smoke one, I get very very dizzy to the point where I feel I can't stand up - could this be linked to my seizure, or is it just because I'm not used to smoking?

Grateful for any replies/advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by cattlelivestock
Hi,

So I had a seizure a couple of months ago, only ever had one and awaiting results from my scan/tests. I think I've lost some of my memory since this fit as well :/

Anyway, I'm not a regular smoker, used to have the occasional one but I've been having 2 a day for the past week now. Every time I smoke one, I get very very dizzy to the point where I feel I can't stand up - could this be linked to my seizure, or is it just because I'm not used to smoking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't be supprised since a lot of stuff that doesn't seem related can be. I guess a connection could be if it's causing issues with your lungs or something and you're not getting enough oxygen.

Either way the smoking issue is worth talking to your doctor about as it could indicate various issues some of which could be very serious.
Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any smoker who has the first one feels a bit dizzy, I'd say not linked.
Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a doctor would really know this, but it might be worth quitting the smoking anyway just in case. I personally wouldn't think it was related, but I'm not even close to a medical professional. When I smoke, because I don't smoke often (only socially), I can only smoke 1/2 or 3/4 of one at a time because otherwise I feel dizzy

Quick Reply

Latest