The Student Room Group

Political Economy at Kings??

Is there anyone who does Political Economy at Kings and could tell me if it's interesting/worth it and what it's all about as I'm interested in this degree, thank you :smile:
Original post by AnonEcon
Political Economy is what Economics used to called back in the 1700s/1800s. If you want a dated degree with little mathematics then by all means go for it.

Personally I'd suggest applying for their new BSc Economics for 2017.

Ignore this random idiot, I've heard great things about political economy at Kings, by all means, go for it!
Reply 2
Would you say it's good to do as a degree or better as a Master? I'm interested in it because I love history politics and economics, that's what I do at A levels anyway and a language I might want to work in the Civil Service, but I'm still really not sure what exactly my 'goal' is yet and I picked what I enjoy for A levels then I had a look at course and political economy sounded like something I would enjoy, but I didn't know much about it, like if it's a degree that would open many doors for me so I came on here.
Reply 3
Original post by valdokarina
Is there anyone who does Political Economy at Kings and could tell me if it's interesting/worth it and what it's all about as I'm interested in this degree, thank you :smile:

Don't currently study it. However it sounds similar to an Economics and Politics degree. If you enjoy both go for it
Reply 4
I see, thank you very much :smile:
Reply 5
Brilliant degree if you are interested in economics or politics, the degree also gives you the opportunity to study political philosophy and study abroad as well. Also, I know many PE students at King's who have gone on to work in IB at leading banks (Lloyds, Morgan Stanley, UBS, and Goldman Sachs) and magic circle/other leading firms (Linklaters, Hogan Lovells, Bird & Bird). I hope this helps!

P.S I am a current BA PE student at King's.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Hello do you still study there? I was wondering as i have applied for a BS in PE and i now have to choose between bath university and kings for uni. I applied for a BS in econ and politics at bath university. I would largely prefer to go to kings but i’m afraid the program doesn’t have any mathematics in it. I wanted an equal part of economics and politics in my program but unfortunately to do so at kings i had to do philosophy as well, which i didn’t want to do. so i ended up choosing political economy. I do want to be able to study both subjects equally but with a bit of maths as well. So my question is, are there any mathematics in the PE program at kings? because i checked for the courses and couldn’t find anything about it. what do you think? and is there as much economy as politics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending