The Student Room Group

Is PPE more prestigious than Political Economy at KCL?

I don’t know much about Philosophy so I wanted to do the Political Economy course at KCL. However PPE is a very famous course that is almost in every university while only KCL has a course that is called Political Economy. So I was wondering if studying PPE would be better than studying Political economy? Especially in regards to applying to finance jobs.
Original post by bunnywhale
I don’t know much about Philosophy so I wanted to do the Political Economy course at KCL. However PPE is a very famous course that is almost in every university while only KCL has a course that is called Political Economy. So I was wondering if studying PPE would be better than studying Political economy? Especially in regards to applying to finance jobs.

Philosophy is a very important part of politics which is useful to understand when looking at how governments should be run. With that being said, at most unis which offer PPE, you can drop one of the three subjects to leave more room for the others. I expect Political Economy to be very similar to PPE just without its philosophical underpinnings as you begin.
Reply 2
Original post by abundant-cornuco
Philosophy is a very important part of politics which is useful to understand when looking at how governments should be run. With that being said, at most unis which offer PPE, you can drop one of the three subjects to leave more room for the others. I expect Political Economy to be very similar to PPE just without its philosophical underpinnings as you begin.

So are they considered to be just as prestigious as each other? Or should I go for PPE?
Usually it depends on the modules you choose to take. Got an offer for King's political economy too - the module list is where you want to look. I'd say both are equally as prestigious.
So are they considered to be just as prestigious as each other? Or should I go for PPE?

PPE is more prestigious IMO. Political economy just sounds like you read the news 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending