The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Hugs to all.

Got therapy today. Yesterday I was struggling to speak - emotionally it just hurt too much :cry:

Trying to do therapy without speaking too much today could be interesting :erm:

:emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my first episode of vertigo in months and it happened while I was in a restaurant today and I took a huge panic :frown: thankfully I managed to stay and not run out the building or demand to be taken home but it was still horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
:console: Ah Saber. I'm so sorry. :hugs: Has the letter been written by your psychiatrist yet?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but are you getting any therapy of any kind atm or are you just on medication?

----

Job interview today. Still hallucinating though. But it's a very short, fairly informal interview. I can get myself through 15 minutes, I hope.

Nope. She asked one of her underlings to write it and they're all ****ing useless. Meant to pick it up tomorrow but I'm not optimistic that they'll do it right: I went in on Tuesday and the woman was like "so you just want to get out of doing exams?" :banghead:

I'm not getting any therapy. I've seen a uni counselor twice just to talk about academic stuff but other than that nope. :sad:

How did your interview go?
Hugs to everyone! :hugs: I've been really quite ill, and ended up in an ambulance today. I'm okay, just on close watch at the moment. I'm pretty out of it though, so I'll be a bit vacant for a few days. Still available to PM though :heart:
Original post by Sabertooth
Nope. She asked one of her underlings to write it and they're all ****ing useless. Meant to pick it up tomorrow but I'm not optimistic that they'll do it right: I went in on Tuesday and the woman was like "so you just want to get out of doing exams?" :banghead:

I'm not getting any therapy. I've seen a uni counselor twice just to talk about academic stuff but other than that nope. :sad:

How did your interview go?

Bloody hell. That particular underling should not be in the mental health profession. :hugs:

Perhaps you should look into it? I really don't like seeing you so anxious about your uni work when I know you are so well suited for it.

Heck, how I managed to get through that interview while seeing colours everywhere, and get the job! :woo:
Original post by Airmed
Bloody hell. That particular underling should not be in the mental health profession. :hugs:

Perhaps you should look into it? I really don't like seeing you so anxious about your uni work when I know you are so well suited for it.

Heck, how I managed to get through that interview while seeing colours everywhere, and get the job! :woo:

I know. She made me feel like total **** - I wrote down exactly what the requirements for the letter were and how I fit into those. For instance I wrote that my medication makes me really tired in the mornings so I would like to be able to do exams in the afternoons where possible and somehow that meant I was trying to get out of them entirely. :facepalm: This place pretty much has a monopoly on MH care in this tiny town so they know they can be rude and lazy and still get business.

I heard about a retired psychiatrist in town who sees a select few people for therapy. I'm planning on finding out if he'll see me. Though it's probably a bit late now :sad:

Oh yeah! That's really awesome, go you! :five: Really hope you enjoy the job. :smile: Is it part time?
Original post by Airmed

Congratulations on the job!

--

Not very well at all today. Was sent home from work earlier. I attempted to get threw the day and I failed. :cry:
I know. She made me feel like total **** - I wrote down exactly what the requirements for the letter were and how I fit into those. For instance I wrote that my medication makes me really tired in the mornings so I would like to be able to do exams in the afternoons where possible and somehow that meant I was trying to get out of them entirely. :facepalm: This place pretty much has a monopoly on MH care in this tiny town so they know they can be rude and lazy and still get business.

I heard about a retired psychiatrist in town who sees a select few people for therapy. I'm planning on finding out if he'll see me. Though it's probably a bit late now :sad:

Oh yeah! That's really awesome, go you! :five: Really hope you enjoy the job. :smile: Is it part time?

That sounds horrendous tbh. :console: I am so sorry you have to put up with it. But definitely try seeing that retired psychiatrist. :yep:

It's a temp part time job with the uni, so I will be able to balance out my work and uni work. :h:
Original post by Airmed
That sounds horrendous tbh. :console: I am so sorry you have to put up with it. But definitely try seeing that retired psychiatrist. :yep:

It's a temp part time job with the uni, so I will be able to balance out my work and uni work. :h:

Psychiatry isn't big in the South. :sigh:

That sounds really awesome! If it's with your uni, I think they'd probably be more inclined to make allowances for exams or whatever comes up than like a private employer. But yeah, go you! :biggrin:
Psychiatry isn't big in the South. :sigh:

That sounds really awesome! If it's with your uni, I think they'd probably be more inclined to make allowances for exams or whatever comes up than like a private employer. But yeah, go you! :biggrin:

Oh, yeah, forgot you live in the South. :hugs:

Yeah, I have worked for the uni over the summer and they were really accommodating when I had a breakdown in August.

Wow really horrendous :frown: I'm sorry they are not accommodating. Or even nice 😡 Hope you're able to see the retired therapist
I reconnected with a person from my old life today. How strongly I wanted to be back into Dom-sub with them probably suggests I should walk away especially when I'm in therapy working on daddy issues. But man I really missed being told how good I am. Having rules and punishments being seen.

Reenactment? Feeling like so what. I can't have what others have. Therapist just doesn't understand that
My mental health is not a good frame of mind and I think something bad is going to happen soon
Original post by Malevolent
My mental health is not a good frame of mind and I think something bad is going to happen soon

Stay safe :hugs: Sending warm thoughts to you tonight :smile:
Huge hugs to everyone tonight. Grouphugs for all :grouphugs:

I told my therapist today that stuff she says makes me wanna smack her. She took it pretty well! :biggrin:

Therapy today was really challenging. I started off not very lucid and she was asking questions like "do you actually WANT to get better?" and I was like :hide: The different TLGs held a council and decided therapist is A Trustworthy Person though, coz she managed the session very well, all things considered :redface: Real TLG ended up talking a lot in the session, which I guess is good? I dunno. Real TLG has only ever talked to two people before. So now I'm ****-scared of what might happen :cry: But trying to be positive.

Therapist acknowleged/affirmed with no manipulation/say-so from me, that it seems that a lot of the manifestations of my illness are most probably trauma-related/trauma-induced, as opposed to psychotic-related/psychosis-induced. The different TLGs feel like they've finally been heard. So relieved :redface:

Original post by ~Tara~
I reconnected with a person from my old life today. How strongly I wanted to be back into Dom-sub with them probably suggests I should walk away especially when I'm in therapy working on daddy issues. But man I really missed being told how good I am. Having rules and punishments being seen.

Reenactment? Feeling like so what. I can't have what others have. Therapist just doesn't understand that

Please be careful hun :frown:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Hugs to everyone! :hugs: I've been really quite ill, and ended up in an ambulance today. I'm okay, just on close watch at the moment. I'm pretty out of it though, so I'll be a bit vacant for a few days. Still available to PM though :heart:

You be careful too. Huge hugs :frown:

:jumphug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
x

you are literally such a lovely person :redface:
sorry if this is inappropriate to post here but i always notice you floating about and ik a lot of ppl do the same but you are such a nice person.
idk why im really writing this, should go to bed really but yeh just a passing thought :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
sorry if this is inappropriate to post here but i always notice you floating about and ik a lot of ppl do the same but you are such a nice person.
idk why im really writing this, should go to bed really but yeh just a passing thought :redface:

:colondollar:

I don't know what to say other than thank you! :redface: I try hard to be nice to people (as long as they aren't obtuse or trolls) and to make everyone feel welcome/heard/answered as much as possible! It doesn't come naturally to me at all but I try. So it's nice to know that people think I'm helpful in any tiny way! :redface:
Original post by Anonymous

Goatherd makes me want to become a better forumista.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Goatherd makes me want to become a better forumista.

:redface:
Feel so lost

Latest