The Student Room Group

So I was internally excluded today, I'm a year 9 student.

Hey guys, as the title says I was internally excluded today. I'm in year 9. Will this go on my record? How long will it stay on my record? What are the negative things that will happen since its on my record? Does this affect my chances of going to s good Uni or getting a good job, will employers look at my school record? Also I've been excluded a couple times before. Do they state in your records *why* you were excluded or just the fact you were excluded? Thanks.
Original post by Deucalion23
Hey guys, as the title says I was internally excluded today. I'm in year 9. Will this go on my record? How long will it stay on my record? What are the negative things that will happen since its on my record? Does this affect my chances of going to s good Uni or getting a good job, will employers look at my school record? Also I've been excluded a couple times before. Do they state in your records *why* you were excluded or just the fact you were excluded? Thanks.

No it won't go on your record. It would've only stayed on your record if you had been externally excluded, which you weren't. Try staying out of trouble though!
What sort of things have you been excluded for?

It will be on your school disciplinary record. I presume it stays on your record for as long as you are at the school. Happy to be told otherwise by a teacher etc.

I am not sure anything bad happens to you whilst on your record. As you say you have been excluded a couple of times before.

Yes I think it would note down why you were excluded.

What I think will happen is that each time you hit a problem, then they will look at your record. You now have 3 exclusions. At some stage your record will be so poor that they will exclude you permanently. That is the risk you are at. If you do it again, they may feel your disipline is so poor that they cnat do anything for you and you dont deserve another chance. Talk to the school to find out.

If they are asked to provide a referene then they are within their rights to mention the fact you have a poor disciplinary record.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by u.sha
No it won't go on your record. It would've only stayed on your record if you had been externally excluded, which you weren't. Try staying out of trouble though!

Do you know this for certain?
I was excluded (as in kicked out of school for few days) in year 11, no uni ever asked me about it and i'm in a top 10 uni now so...
Original post by 999tigger
Do you know this for certain?

well, that is the case at my school.
I've been internally excluded 4 or 5 times , mainly for stupid reasons like water fights on a Cambridge trip. It doesn't go on any important record.
Original post by AlwaysFitin'
Listen to me mate, Ive been suspended for getting into it with a fat paki and Im on several FBI and gchq watchlists, it isnt the end of the world.

Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by u.sha
well, that is the case at my school.

Have you seen your record?

Being excluded was a serious thing at my school. They would need to keep a record of whats happened and why to justify sending a person home.

I was expelled from school permanently and it has had no impact on my life at all.

I didn't even mention the school on my UCAS application.

Hey, I got internally excluded in year 9 as well. No one cares about it at all, I ended up getting good gcse's and going to a really good sixth form. Try and keep a lower profile though, especially in years 10/11
You'll be fine, it won't go on any of your records or anything like that but obviously try and not get an external exclusion because that'll make it a bit harder to get into a different college/stay on at your sixth form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything before y10 does not count
Anything before year 12 doesn't count if you move for sixth form...
Original post by 999tigger
Have you seen your record?

Being excluded was a serious thing at my school. They would need to keep a record of whats happened and why to justify sending a person home.

The school would keep note of it but it wouldn't go through to the DFE unless you were permanently excluded or sent home.
Original post by u.sha
The school would keep note of it but it wouldn't go through to the DFE unless you were permanently excluded or sent home.

So where would they make a note if it? On their school record perchance?
If the OP was repeatedly internally excluded, would they take into account how many times this happened before pushing for informal or permanent exclusion?

BTW OP why not just behave? Is it that hard? Uoi mess it up for other kids as well. They will be a little less tolerant of it at Uni or the workplace.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17

If you behave well from now on, it won't affect your uni application. If you continue to get excluded, it is very likely to go in your reference so unis will know you've been excluded several times.

So let this be a wake up call. It's not bad yet but you clearly don't want it to become an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest