The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G543

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingdoo
It was supposed to be a repeated measures design so you only needed to just say that the same participants were then asked to do whatever you wanted them to do again but 1 week later. Also to get ordinal data you need to get them to rank their assessment the easiest way is through a likert scale. You should not have mentioned how many participants were supposed to be in each condition because they should have done both.

I meant as i did the group learning I didn't mention how many participants would be placed in each group to learn the tasks, my 50 participants took part in both conditions (both individual learning and group learning) and damn i think i forgot to say about ranking their assessment :frown:
Original post by bethjane1997
I meant as i did the group learning I didn't mention how many participants would be placed in each group to learn the tasks, my 50 participants took part in both conditions (both individual learning and group learning) and damn i think i forgot to say about ranking their assessment :frown:

Ah OK yeah you would have needed to mention that.

I think by the sound of it you gained nominal or maybe interval data rather than ordinal level data.

But I don't think it will lose you too much marks however, the question on the statistical test would not have been able to be answered because to use it you need ordinal data, interval or ratio data and you need to use a repeated measures design.
would test scores be ordinal if I said at the end that they would be arranged in order of highest to lowest? I did the practice and math question...
If each of my participants take part and end up with 2 scores out of 20 is this ordinal? Because it can be ranked as to who inthe group did best?
OCR mark schemes for A2 psychology? (Both papers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NaturallyDumbKid
OCR mark schemes for A2 psychology? (Both papers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do?
Original post by cherryred90s
How did you do?

I got an A* woop.
Reply 747
I also got an A*! 100/100 UMS = G543 + 95/100 UMS G544
Original post by b1a4--
I also got an A*! 100/100 UMS = G543 + 95/100 UMS G544

Oooh! I also got 100ums for G543 but I got 75ums for g544 so I missed out an the a*. I'm gonna get the paper remark
Reply 749
Glad Got a C after revising for all those studies,
Original post by cherryred90s
How did you do?

Hi, just saw this. Got an A* in psychology OCR wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a D on options and an A on investigations. Came out with a B overall
Got two As at A2 and came out with an A* overall
Guys how many UMS do you need to get an A* in ocr psychology?
Reply 754
ethnocentrism is where results from studies done from only a single ethnicity, such as the western world (north american/europe) are then classed as the norm to generalise to all ethnicities, such as the Strange Situation study, where the original study was only done in the states with white middle class participants and then the attachment types were generalised globally, assuming all should follow the same way of being.
Reply 755
any predictions for 2016?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending