The Student Room Group

A Level results day 2023

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.
I recently received my A level results and I honestly feel like I didn't do well enough. I did genuinely work really hard. I put so many hours in and never slacked off during exam season. I got my results and I do feel like due to the grade boundaries and marking this year it may have been unfair.
I achieved:
A* EPQ (Edexcel)
B Law (AQA)
B Sociology (OCR)
B Psychology (OCR)

I don't feel happy with my results if I'm being honest. I checked the grade boundaries and I was about 10 marks away on Law, Sociology and Psychology from achieving AAA.

perhaps I just hold myself to a high standard but I dont know how to feel about these grades. I did get into my First choice uni, but I feel like I didnt do good enough or perhaps im not smart enough to go to uni.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Original post by psych0l0gy
Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.
I recently received my A level results and I honestly feel like I didn't do well enough. I did genuinely work really hard. I put so many hours in and never slacked off during exam season. I got my results and I do feel like due to the grade boundaries and marking this year it may have been unfair.
I achieved:
A* EPQ (Edexcel)
B Law (AQA)
B Sociology (OCR)
B Psychology (OCR)

I don't feel happy with my results if I'm being honest. I checked the grade boundaries and I was about 10 marks away on Law, Sociology and Psychology from achieving AAA.

perhaps I just hold myself to a high standard but I dont know how to feel about these grades. I did get into my First choice uni, but I feel like I didnt do good enough or perhaps im not smart enough to go to uni.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Look towards the future… you got your firm choice uni, I know that some people didnt get their choices, or entered clearing. Be proud of your hardwork, and even though the grade boundaries were harsh. You know yourself there is nothing more you could have done. You have no regrets regarding your studying in year 12 and year 13. I guess, it is what it is. But you have no feeling of ‘I could have done more…’, so be proud of your work ethic.

Quick Reply

Latest