The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
Original post by zKlown
@Dirtybit Do you believe him?

If I was faced with the choice between jail or going to war, I'd choose jail every time.

Not sure what decision I'd make between death or going to war, would like to think I'd choose death, but you don't know until it becomes real.

Why death over war?
Original post by SA-1
Why death over war?

Because I couldn't kill another person unless I absolutely had to (like they were at my door coming to kill me and my family)
Reply 6262
Original post by zKlown
Because I couldn't kill another person unless I absolutely had to (like they were at my door coming to kill me and my family)

You'd put a complete end to your life to prevent killing someone? The person that you'd likely be going to kill would probably kill you too.. so they are essentially coming to kill you, right?
Original post by SA-1
You'd put a complete end to your life to prevent killing someone? The person that you'd likely be going to kill would probably kill you too.. so they are essentially coming to kill you, right?

I wouldn't be in the scenario if I didn't go to war.

If they turn up on my doorstep, then I will kill them.

When we're next on FIFA we'll discuss this in better detail, it's not easy to explain on here.
Anyone play Rocket League?
Reply 6265
Original post by Rk2k14

As requested by @SA-1

Just see this

My man

x
Original post by zKlown

:redface:
Jawline and collarbones are underrated assets on a woman

Thoughts @SA-1
For me, if your country calls on you then you step up. No two ways about it.
Reply 6269
Original post by zKlown
Jawline and collarbones are underrated assets on a woman

Thoughts @SA-1

100%

All I'm saying is Olivia Wilde
Original post by The Wavefunction

Well it's not really your country doing the calling is it? Either royalty or politicians who are making the decision usually.

Now if you were in somewhere like Vietnam during 1955-1975, I can see why the average citizen would be more inclined to get involved.

Basically - why should I sacrifice my life for some tw*t who thinks he's too high and mighty to risk his own life?
Original post by SA-1
100%

So would you have gone to Vietnam if you were American?

Original post by SA-1
100%

Original post by swirly

Thoughts on Maria Alia? (Google if unaware)
Original post by Zayn is Bae

Thoughts on Maria Alia? (Google if unaware)

Butters.

Thoughts on @SA-1 starting a YouTube channel.
Original post by swirly
Butters.

Seriously jump off a cliff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
Well it's not really your country doing the calling is it? Either royalty or politicians who are making the decision usually.

Now if you were in somewhere like Vietnam during 1955-1975, I can see why the average citizen would be more inclined to get involved.

Basically - why should I sacrifice my life for some tw*t who thinks he's too high and mighty to risk his own life?

You need an Individual in charge, and to lead, a Churchill for example. Whether you agree with it or not, I'll you need the high brow toffs in situations like that, although not that many.

If so many people hadn't fought for us in the Second World War, God knows where we'd be. Me and you wouldn't be here for sure, so that's what I mean when I say fighting for your country when called upon. Not the Iraq war.

@Zayn is Bae wrt Vietnam war that's difficult due to the hindsight of the situation, but I suppose at the beginning I would have.

If so many people hadn't fought for us in the Second World War, God knows where we'd be. Me and you wouldn't be here for sure, so that's what I mean when I say fighting for your country when called upon. Not the Iraq war.

I mean how bad was the Third Reich really (genocide aside obviously), the current North Korean and Chinese regimes seem much worse.
Casually dismisses Genocide as no biggie.

Strong.
Reply 6278
Original post by swirly
Butters.

About your mum and your girl
Original post by Zayn is Bae
It's hard to say. I can't say I know much about WWI (Ferdinand or w/e got shot my year 9 History tells me). WWII was a justified cause you could say, so i'd probably be more inclined to say yes to that. As the others have said not sure if you'd even get a choice, but I don't think i'm soldier material anyway, the thought of ending someone's life, especially when said person has done nothing to me as was the case in the World War's is repulsive. I definitely couldn't fight in a modern war though.

I do respect the hell out of those who fought in the wars (not to be THAT guy, but my Grandad fought in WWII, and nobody really cares about the thousands of Sikhs and Muslims who did). But the current elderly (that is to say those in their 60's and 70's) didn't fight in the wars, and enjoyed the exponential growth of civilisation, and now have condemned us as a generation by voting out.

Interesting. I'd much rather fight in modern warfare than the warfare of WWI & WWII. Just seems 'cleaner' to me, if the worst was to happen, it's likely to be quicker. Particularly with modern explosives being much more devastating (on a side-note (and slight brag) I'm pushing my chain of command to look into bomb disposal training. Imagine that as a pick-up line in clubs)

Original post by zKlown

If I was faced with the choice between jail or going to war, I'd choose jail every time.

Not sure what decision I'd make between death or going to war, would like to think I'd choose death, but you don't know until it becomes real.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I have to say that choosing death over just going to war is about the most backwards thing I've heard.

Latest