The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2016 applicants & offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know if there's an active freshers group on Facebook?
I requested to join one a couple days ago but it's not been confirmed yet.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by KythingToWrite
Anyone know if there's an active freshers group on Facebook?
I requested to join one a couple days ago but it's not been confirmed yet.

Yeah there are about four if you search university of Birmingham 2016 Freshers some should come up just request to join all the ones you can find :smile: that's what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help me out??!!!!!

the word count for A2B essays are 2000 words. My essay is going over by 100 words, will this affect my mark??
I'm finding it hard to cut don on words.
Hiya everyone 😊

I am hoping to join on my first year (2016) on to the LLB course at the Uni of Birmingham.
Can anyone tell me the law school specific term dates for 2016/2017 please? I have found the unis general term dates, but it does state that each course may vary.
Needing to make travel arrangements up until the end of 2017.

Thanks and good luck to all! 😊
Hi everyone!
I accepted the offer of English Language and I want to get a few friends (regardless of programme and accomodation), I'm just too introverted when it comes to meeting face to face...
But if you are going to study English Language and have an accommodation at Maple Bank. I'd love to meet you!
Original post by Uni2016
Hiya everyone 😊

I am hoping to join on my first year (2016) on to the LLB course at the Uni of Birmingham.
Can anyone tell me the law school specific term dates for 2016/2017 please? I have found the unis general term dates, but it does state that each course may vary.
Needing to make travel arrangements up until the end of 2017.

Thanks and good luck to all! 😊

Hi! I am also doing a LLB course in September for my first year so great to meet you!!! I need to know the dates myself but we maybe informed in the welcome pack in a few weeks time. Good look and I hope to meet you in September!
Reply 1086
Original post by hazeydaisy
I am applying for International Relations with predicted grades of ABB!

Same but with Politics. I got BCC for AS and tbh I don't think I got in but I guess we'll see 😌
Got accepted for a funded PhD in bioinformatics! Starting September, visa application has been sent.
Original post by Oedipus_Regex
Got accepted for a funded PhD in bioinformatics! Starting September, visa application has been sent.

Congrats! I'm starting computer science at Birmingham next year and have been considering bioinformatics at masters level after my BSc!
fancied having a whine, sorry
was one a couple of marks off A in maths (got AAB+ thx PC3), so missed out on econ at B'ham
whine over, sorry again
Original post by choychoy
fancied having a whine, sorry
was one a couple of marks off A in maths (got AAB+ thx PC3), so missed out on econ at B'ham
whine over, sorry again

ditto a few marks of the A (in maths again) but over achieved in other subjects and rejected.
I have only just realised that the £550 prepayment is to be paid now (not out of student finance) how are people able to afford this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flamigos123
I have only just realised that the £550 prepayment is to be paid now (not out of student finance) how are people able to afford this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a part time job as soon as I found out back in September.....
Original post by MWaterfall
Congrats! I'm starting computer science at Birmingham next year and have been considering bioinformatics at masters level after my BSc!

same mate! hopefully we can cheat a few units together :wink:
Original post by MWaterfall

Cool! If you can, take a statistics course at some point during your degree, and get comfortable with discrete math (graphs, matrix algebra, etc). I did a taught masters after my biology undergrad degree, and wish I had a better math background now. Since you're in CS, if you are interested in bioinformatics then understanding some genetics and chemistry won't be a bad thing - ask a first year biochem or genetics student for some notes sometime. That will make the application of any bioinformatics modules you can take in undergrad make more sense! It's a great field, though. Interesting problems, and a cool interdisciplinary environment. In my lab we have folks with computer science, cell biology, genetics, physics, and chemistry backgrounds all working on computational stuff.
Hi, I got my results last thursday and I've met my offer of A*AA but for one of the subjects I received an A in, I was only 3 marks off an A*. I'm considering getting a remark for one of the papers but I'm worried that my grade may end up dropping to a B (unlikely but still possible). If this happens, would I lose my place to study? I'm not sure if it's worth the remark :s-smilie:
Does anyone know what Liberty gardens are like as halls? I've been given them but they're miles away from campus and it says it takes a lot of international students, am I going to have a boring first year there? is there any way you can change halls now or are you stuck with what you've got?
Hi,

Is anyone else here doing Mechanical Engineering? :smile:
Hi is there a Facebook group for pharmacy students or is anyone else doing pharmacy?
Original post by pongping
Does anyone know what Liberty gardens are like as halls? I've been given them but they're miles away from campus and it says it takes a lot of international students, am I going to have a boring first year there? is there any way you can change halls now or are you stuck with what you've got?

I emailed them asking to change and they said that it wasn't possible however I have seen a few people have been able to call up and beg to change and they've been able to. Think it's just not worth the hassle and I'm just accepting it lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending