The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing interview at London South Bank University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelz8241
Congratulations to you all. I've accepted my offer of Adult Nursing for Sept. Do any of you know if there is a Facebook group or anything? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not seen one, let us know if you find one
London
Original post by Sarah Green
Add a few more years for me lol, I might be the oldest, but I'm young at heart. I had read that it's about 40% of adult nursing students apply through the Access to HE route so there will be loads of other people in the same boat as us. It was one of the reasons why I liked the university.
Yes, I live in South London, are you London based too?

you will be grand lol... no im from ireland and will be moving over soon.. I have a job lined up in islington and hopefully be starting as soon as i finish exams in a few weeks time.. I am travelling over next wednesday to sort out a place to live... but for a year i have to travel over and back to ireland a lot to finish my final year in acupuncture..
Original post by pauljmcardle
you will be grand lol... no im from ireland and will be moving over soon.. I have a job lined up in islington and hopefully be starting as soon as i finish exams in a few weeks time.. I am travelling over next wednesday to sort out a place to live... but for a year i have to travel over and back to ireland a lot to finish my final year in acupuncture..

That's going to keep you busy, studying, working and going back to Ireland
Sure I will do. I'm also mature HE student. Can't wait to meet you al :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kelz8241
Sure I will do. I'm also mature HE student. Can't wait to meet you al :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone in your photo looks so young :-)
I think that it will be a good mix of people as they take on about 40% HE students. Do you live in London?
Everyone in your photo looks so young :-)
I think that it will be a good mix of people as they take on about 40% HE students. Do you live in London?

Looking forward to meeting ye too. Ive not heard of a facebook page but i guess that wont happen till september. but you can add me if ya like Paul McArdle and profile photo of muhammad ali.... I cant wait to get started in septemberPosted from TSR Mobile
Haha thanks I'm 34. I am moving to London in June. I'm hoping there will be a lsbu page after everyone firms, at the beginning of May :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my official offer through UCAS, unconditional, means that theoretically I don't need to pass my last 2 Access to HE assignments :-)

Went to a tour around the campus today, the funny part was that the student doing the tour assumed that I was one of the parents!

Paul, thanks for the FB details, nothing personal but i only give people my FB details once I've met them, which won't be too long lol
Reply 568
Hi everyone..l have applied to do adult nursing september and l got nmeracy and literacy test on 11th may...does anybody know what question or give tips..pls thanxs in advance
I got a conditional offer meaning I have to pass GCSEs maths and English..fml..I'm alright with English but maths is on another level entirely .:frown:
Original post by Juliet2
Hi everyone..l have applied to do adult nursing september and l got nmeracy and literacy test on 11th may...does anybody know what question or give tips..pls thanxs in advance

Practice the examples on their website and you should be ok, they are the same format on the day, you can't use a calculator so practice your arithmetic

https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/how-to-apply/guidance-for-health-pre-registration
Original post by jennade
I got a conditional offer meaning I have to pass GCSEs maths and English..fml..I'm alright with English but maths is on another level entirely .:frown:

So did you pass the literacy and numeracy interview tests? See if you can get yourself a few tutorials which teach you more about how to pass the exams rather than teaching you the subject itself. So much of passing exams is technique.
Good luck, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you
So did you pass the literacy and numeracy interview tests? See if you can get yourself a few tutorials which teach you more about how to pass the exams rather than teaching you the subject itself. So much of passing exams is technique.
Good luck, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you

Yes I did!!! I'm taking GCSEs maths and English classes cus of uni so hopefully I'll pass it!! Thank you very much.:smile: I need all the luck in the world!!!
Reply 573
Ohh thanxs that what l am doing..do u do the interview the same day
Original post by Juliet2

They give you a different date for interview x
Original post by jennade
Yes I did!!! I'm taking GCSEs maths and English classes cus of uni so hopefully I'll pass it!! Thank you very much.:smile: I need all the luck in the world!!!

If you passed the numeracy tests I'm sure that you'll be ok with the GCSE x
Original post by Juliet2

Normally the interviews are on different days unless you have a long way to travel and then they try and combine them.

The interview questions are based on your chosen career and test your common sense and general approach to life. Nothing too difficult
Hey guys!

How were the interviews for LSBU, just received an invitation for the 13th :O eeekkk - I've applied for the PgDip Child Nursing but anyone doing any branch of nursing, how were your interviews?

Also, has anyone done the interview and assessment day for Kings? Got that on the 27th, I couldn't fulfill the APL requirements for Adult or child PgDip so my interview is for the BSc Adult nursing

So nervous But I'm really happy i've got a few weeks to prepare, especially as I have no healthcare work experience so I know i'm going to have to have a lot of well polished answers and prepare for that to come up.

Anyone else in the same position? Were there any specific requirements for the LSBU APL for those who have completed it? i.e. minimum hours of healthcare experience, etc.

Tips on any of this would be amazing

(Sorry so many questions )
Original post by jess_cw
Hey guys!

How were the interviews for LSBU, just received an invitation for the 13th :O eeekkk - I've applied for the PgDip Child Nursing but anyone doing any branch of nursing, how were your interviews?

Also, has anyone done the interview and assessment day for Kings? Got that on the 27th, I couldn't fulfill the APL requirements for Adult or child PgDip so my interview is for the BSc Adult nursing

So nervous But I'm really happy i've got a few weeks to prepare, especially as I have no healthcare work experience so I know i'm going to have to have a lot of well polished answers and prepare for that to come up.

Anyone else in the same position? Were there any specific requirements for the LSBU APL for those who have completed it? i.e. minimum hours of healthcare experience, etc.

Tips on any of this would be amazing

(Sorry so many questions )

I've done the interviews at both LSBU and Kings, they were both quite similar in the speed dating format. Don't worry too much about them as they are about common sense and your general attitude to life rather than anything technical. The interviewers are really nice and will prompt you if you get stuck. Plus they are used to the candidates being really nervous, they were lovely to me
Ah that's great to hear :smile: thank you!

Just wondering, are there other candidates in the room at the same time or are all the 'stations' just for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending