The Student Room Group

i missed the deadline for the initial interview during a nursing placement

I am a first-year nursing student and it was my first placement I was assigned a practice assessor late but long story short the deadline for the initial interview was yesterday and I'm working next Wednesday. Does anyone know what happens next? do I fail?
Reply 1
Original post by i'mconcuzled
I am a first-year nursing student and it was my first placement I was assigned a practice assessor late but long story short the deadline for the initial interview was yesterday and I'm working next Wednesday. Does anyone know what happens next? do I fail?

It depends on your uni i presume? At my uni theres no strict deadline as **** happens, and i think for my uni its actually only the final interview thats pass/fail. I itial interview is just to set your goals/plans for the placement.
Reply 2
Original post by PonchoKid
It depends on your uni i presume? At my uni theres no strict deadline as **** happens, and i think for my uni its actually only the final interview thats pass/fail. I itial interview is just to set your goals/plans for the placement.

ok thanks I've sent my personal tutor an email hopefully it comes out good
Reply 3
ok thanks I've sent my personal tutor an email hopefully it comes out good

Im sure my second placement my initial interview didnt happen till about week 3 when we should have been getting ready for mid point. Its really not a big issue i dont think
Reply 4
Hi there! You will not fail the placement, everything just needs to be signed off by the final interview.
Good luck with your placement x

Hi,

Ideally your initial interview should be done as early on in the placement as possible but do not stress too much about it as things happen that delay it. As long as you've got everything complete by the end of your placement and all your goals have been achieved, you should be fine.

I hope this is of some assistance and best of luck with your placement,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep - 3rd year Children's Nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending