The Student Room Group

Withdrawn from Uni

I was in my final year at uni and I had failed a module in my second year that I was given a third attempt for failed that and I had an assessment board meeting and I revived the outcome results today and I have been withdrawn from my uni. But I’ve been awarded a lower exit award. I studied childrens nursing and the lower exit award I’ve been given is a certificate in health sciences if I was to go to a different university would I be able to do the same course but not from first year or other potential courses I could do
Reply 1
My mrs (a ward sister) thinks you'd have to start from scratch, and it is the case that some providers won't take on a student nurse that has previously failed.
Original post by Pats134
I was in my final year at uni and I had failed a module in my second year that I was given a third attempt for failed that and I had an assessment board meeting and I revived the outcome results today and I have been withdrawn from my uni. But I’ve been awarded a lower exit award. I studied childrens nursing and the lower exit award I’ve been given is a certificate in health sciences if I was to go to a different university would I be able to do the same course but not from first year or other potential courses I could do

I failed a placement and got withdrawn from a university, but I started at a different university who accepted me even though I had failed and it was someone high up in the university who interviewed me and she was so supportive and said I would learn from it. :-)
I think you can reenter nursing at year 2 at another university if you have the credits and they are similiar to the universities course or near enough its called prior learning or RPEL I believe.
I am in year 2 however due to health reasons I am withdrawing in April. so I am hoping I will return again when better to nursing , the only thing I am worried about is the funding.
What do you mean lower exit award?
Original post by Pats134

Hi there,

Your lower exit award can be used to get back onto a nursing course, however it depends on the university’s preference and learning plan (if their modules match up with yours) whether you can begin from your second year.

If not, you would have to begin from scratch again, which may sound horrendous, but it happened to me and if anything, it helped me fly through the first two years again as I knew what was expected and how to tackle the assignments. I did nursing at a different university, but sadly had to leave due to health reasons, before coming to LJMU.

Fingers crossed things go well for you

Nat
LJMU Student Nurse and Ambassador
Original post by Pats134

Hi,

As others have said, some universities may accept your certificate and allow you to rejoin from 2nd year. Still, it would very much be reviewed on a university-to-university basis as some universities may have different modules which don't align with the course that you completed at your old university, which would mean you'd need to start from 1st year again.

I would advise you to contact the universities you want to apply to and ask their admissions team if your certificate would be acceptable for a 2nd-year transfer or whether you need to start from 1st year again.

I hope this is of some assistance and coming from a fellow student children's nurse, try not to give up! If you are passionate about caring for others, don't let this get in the way of pursuing your dreams and becoming the best nurse you can be.

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep - 3rd year Children's Nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending